Friday, March 20, 2015

Trying to be happy....

 
 
"Okay. I have tried anger management. It just managed to get me angrier!"



Yippee! Today is the International Day of Happiness! It is a good thing too, as yesterday the Bird was taken to task for being way too angry. So, I took a Prozac and now feel much better. And to boot, today being the International Day of Happiness helps tremendously. Well, that is until I turned on the news this morning.

This ISIL threat to all good people everywhere, continues to metastasize. The massacre which recently took place in Tunisia is now owned. ISIL is taking responsibility for it. For those who did not hear the gory details, let me give the PG-13 version. Most of the people killed were targeted. They were targeted by four terrorists dressed up as soldiers. They were targeted because they were tourists, just getting off a tour bus. All totally innocent. But in this war on terror, there are no innocents. You are either "one of them", or you are a target. Now I don't know how much muscle the leader of Tunisia has, but after the attack he threatened to "hunt down all terrorists and exterminate them".

On the news this morning, there was talk of a new and serious threat to America made by ISIL. They want to target American veterans. Now this might just be a crack pot tweet or something, but Fox News thought it was serious enough to lead off the news with. If you are a vet who likes to shop at the Mall of America, you are probably a huge target for the bad guys.

I have a great idea. What if instead of waiting for one of the terrorists to cause more mayhem with innocent Americans, we have our leader say the same thing the Tunisian leader said. Exterminate them. We need to have our leaders put on their big boy pants, grow a pair, and take care of business. Not write them an angry letter - exterminate them both here and afar.

Every year I age, I am more and more amazed at the feckless nature of our United Nations. Built from the ashes of the League of Nations, this worldwide organization was given a charter with teeth in it.  That being said, with this terror group spreading from nation to nation, is it not the job of the United Nation to stop it? To prevent another world war?To send in legions of blue helmets ready to restore the peace?

And the perps which have caused genocide in Iraq and Syria, why are they not being captured and hauled off to The Hague? What the heck do we still have the World Court for? As far as I am concerned, it is time to get rid of both of those worthless money pits.

Okay, I am done. Time for my yoga lesson. I will meditate and take another happy pill. I will strive to be happy on this International Day of Happiness. Or not. 



No comments:

Post a Comment