Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Drama Queens





"The last thing we need is a bloodbath at the OK Corral." 




Oh boy. I think there is going to be drama on the old TV tonight. Start of the new season? Not quite yet. Soon however. No, the drama tonight will take place in the Republican debate. Why do I think so? The powers that be, the "big cigars", the power brokers, have had just about enough of this enigma, Donald Trump. I believe the word has gone out across the board to come out with guns blazing.

And why do I refer to Mr. Trump as an enigma? Simply put, in all my days I have never seen a politician like him. Some would refer to Ronald Reagan as the "Teflon President". Well compared to Donald Trump, Ronald Reagan was like the "Stickum President". Trump has in the past, and continues today, to say the most outlandish things. And his popularity just keeps rising.

This has been very frustrating to a dozen or so other candidates. Many thought they would be in a much different place by now. Some are still stuck in the single digits. So it is time to break out the big guns. Prepare for a major battle. Yes, and some of the gunfire might be aimed at Dr. Carson also. 

Why are people fascinated by Donald Trump? Many reasons really. One is his unlimited guts. He knows he is going to be gang tackled tonight. Is he scared? Not a bit. "Bring it on", he would say. "Hit me and I will hit back harder". Dr. Carson on the other hand, is much nicer, much less of a fighter. Punches might hurt him. He might not want to fire back.

I will be watching it with one of my long time friends and "politics coach". I think both of us will be looking past the Drama Queens to see who emerges as the statesman (or stateswoman). After six plus years of watching the clown car load and unload, we really need to have the adults back in charge. Tonight we may start to see which adult that might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment