Friday, December 21, 2018

Turning into a pumpkin at midnight...





"I think tonight I will try to stay awake until midnight. I need to find out if anything will turn into a pumpkin. According to the Democrats and media, the sky will start to fall. According to the citizens and patriots, it will just be another day." 


Once again, the only person in Washington with a pair of you know whats, is going to save the day. After months of quibbles and whining, the House FINALLY put almost $6B of funding in the latest CR for wall funding. And the Senate? What about them? After all, the clock is ticking. If they don't agree with the House version by midnight, we will all turn into pumpkins. Or the government will shut down. 

So, let me address this issue head on. And I will take the liberty to speak for tens of millions of citizens and patriots. One short sentence - Who gives a rat's butt? There - I said it. Case closed. NOBODY CARES if the government shuts down. It is always a farce. Why? Because it never really shuts down. Oh, some non-essential parts will, but again - so what?

If I were playing poker with Donald Trump, I would see his bet and then raise him. Not only would I shut down the government over insufficient wall funding, I would shut it down over the use of CR's. After all, candidate Trump did tell us that he would not tolerate the use of CR's to run the government. Congress is mandated by Article One of the Constitution to have a BUDGET in place for the fiscal year no later than October 1st of that year. In anyone's language, CR's don't cut it.

Actually, if you don't mind a rant or two on this subject, I will continue. As important as border security is, adhering to the Constitution is more so. Congress had ALL YEAR to prepare the GFY 19 budget - and failed to get it done. As President, Trump as nothing to lose. The Democrats hate him, and stand ready to impeach him. The establishment Republicans resent him. The media has a seething antipathy for each and every thing he does. So - the President should shut the government down UNTIL he has a viable GFY 19 budget on his desk. 

President Trump said after he got snookered by the Democrats into signing a garbage bill for GFY 18 - NEVER AGAIN! Well Mr. President - consider this your "never again" minute. Stand firm and don't sign a bill unless it contains adequate funding for border security as well as everything else need to fund the government for the entire fiscal year. I mean, quite a bit of the funding is already in place. Finishing this up should be as easy as falling off a log, right? Ya, right.

I think tonight I will try to stay awake until midnight. I need to find out if anything will turn into a pumpkin. According to the Democrats and media, the sky will start to fall. According to the citizens and patriots, it will just be another day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment