Saturday, September 20, 2014

Why she will never be President

 
 


"It will not be Jeb either. The American people have grown tired of dynasties..."



If I was asked to bet five dollars on who would be our next President, I would not take that bet. I simply don't have a clue. I am just grateful that our Constitution does not allow for a third term. I fear the "low information" crowd would give this guy one more trip around the block. I would however, wager our next President will NOT be Hillary Clinton. Of that I am sure.

Now why in the world would I say that? All straw polls have her spanking any potential GOP rival. MSNBC and other media lapdogs have practically had a coronation for her already. She is in the news constantly for either "grandbaby watch" or (gasp) Benghazi. And therein lies the rub.

I think the worst news that Hillary Clinton could have received about her political future was Trey Gowdy (R-SC) being selected as the chair for the Benghazi investigation. I, like thousands upon thousands of other Conservatives, am a HUGE Trey Gowdy fan. If I was ever to step sideways to the law, this is one man I would NOT want to prosecute me. His record as prosecutor prior to entering politics, was almost perfect. 

Many have thought for a couple years now there is a smoking gun with Benghazi. There is a back story which has not yet been told. There is no way the trail will not lead up to the number one chair at the State Department. In fact, it might not only lead to SOS Clinton, but even one step further. Trey WILL get to the truth. If it takes months and dozens of subpoenas, he will find the answer.

What Trey and the committee will find is simply this. Benghazi happened due to incompetence, benign neglect, or worse. However, the incident itself was only part of the disaster. Just like with Watergate, the ensuing cover up has developed legs of it's own. And the cover up continues today with the State Department's "Valley Girls" (not my term, but I wish it was!). Hillary will not be able to outrun her past on this one. If the GOP was smart, they would start hanging this around her neck right after the midterms.

There are other things which will keep Hillary from becoming President. Her time as the SOS involved many miles traveled resulting in very few positive results. The "reset button" with the Russians turned into a "redux button" instead. We are now very close to another Cold War. Her days at the WH with Bill are legendary. Bill's sordid past and Hillary's lamp throwing will also be revived.

My belief is the next President will be none of the above. It will not be any who are being discussed right now. It will be someone of bold vision coming in from the outskirts of national politics. It will be someone who inspires, not a charlatan who gives us empty promises like "hope and change".

No, I think many have learned their lesson. Out with the old and in with the new. No more snake oil. No more histrionics. No more dynasties. AND, no more BS. Just give us a real leader who can lead. That is all - no more, no less.

No comments:

Post a Comment