Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Ferguson and Planned Parenthood





"Every day before I see the news or read the paper, I think I may have seen it all. And then I realize I was wrong." 



Ferguson and Planned Parenthood. What do they have to do with each other? Not much. That is except one thing. Both have shown an incredible ability to have people observe what each are doing and give a collective, "meh...". And that to me is a very big story indeed.

Yesterday I had an enjoyable lunch with some like minded friends up in St. Cloud. Towards the end of the lunch I received a phone call from a friend down here in the cities. He was mad, very mad. It was probably the maddest I have ever heard him. He had been working hard trying to gin up support from ANYONE in public office to go after Planned Parenthood. To really go after them hammer and tong. In other words, to "defund this criminal organization". 

As disgusted as my friend was with the atrocities Planned Parenthood was committing, he was almost more disgusted by the "meh" he was getting from elected officials on our side of the aisle. I share his disgust. If I was ruling the roost, I would hang this Planned Parenthood butchery around the neck of each and every Democrat who supports it (which are most of them). I would run ads. I would write articles. I would be a huge pain in the butt to those who support this organization. 

Now to Ferguson. I just wrote on the Michael Brown anniversary the other day so I will keep this brief. When I saw on the news the total abrogation of law and order in Ferguson, so see the local police come under attack, I was sick to my stomach. The Governor should immediately call up the National Guard. Declaring a state of emergency is one thing, getting control of this needless lawlessness is quite another. To make matters worse, other cities had "sympathy protests" (here included) where people who have nothing else to, disrupt transportation for people who work and produce. 

I believe in our First Amendment rights. I believe in our right to peacefully assemble. However, just like shouting fire in a movie theater is a misuse of our free speech rights, disrupting commerce and transportation is a violation of our right to assemble. Therefore we should have a zero tolerance policy towards any type of lawlessness. And we don't. Thugs continue to plunder innocent shop owners in Ferguson and beyond.

We will never advance as a society so long as we tolerate butchery at Planned Parenthood We will never advance as a society so long as we allow anarchy in our streets. We have found that cities which have lower crime rates practice "broken window" type of policing. As a reminder, that type of policing means by letting "broken windows" pass without consequences, more serious crimes often follow. Enforcing "broken windows" punishment leads to lower crime rates.

It is time to wake up America. It is time to take back our country. It is time to take back our country from the worst of all domestic threats - apathy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment