Saturday, January 7, 2017

The goose and the gander (once again)





"In any event, 'What is good for the goose is also good for the gander' is the most popular modern day translation. And what does it mean? What is good for you is good for me."



Some say it started in Merry Old England in the 1600's. Others say the original quote is somewhat different than the one used today. In any event, "What is good for the goose is also good for the gander" is the most popular modern day translation. And what does it mean? What is good for you is good for me. Or whatever happens to someone else must be good for me. Yes, I am talking about the Russian "hacking".

Someone asked me not too long ago if what Russia did to our elections bothered me. I know - it was a goading question. I replied that I would have been - if they had tampered with the voting boxes. But they did not. They (supposedly) hacked into the DNC email server. And oh horrors upon horrors! And what did they find? Between them, Wikileaks, and Dikileaks (that be Wiener's account), we all found out just how rotten and corrupt to the core the DNC and Hillary's campaign were.

Some might say now, "Okay - now you lost me. What does this have to do with the goose and the gander?" Ah - good question. The reason I am not in the least pissed off that Russia might have hacked the DNC, or even cheered for Donald Trump is simply this - we do it also. Really - how so? As recently as 2015 when we spent State Department money (that be taxpayer money), to try and get Bebe's opponent elected in Israel. That was not covert, that was overt. I did not hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth over that issue!

And (gasp!), could it be possible that our secret agents (of course, not you Langley), might have meddled a bit in the last election in Russia? So please, spare us the "holier than thou" speech. We are, all of us, guilty of some kind of unwelcome interference in certain foreign elections. Whether you know it or not, it is true.

Don't get me wrong. I am not a fan of Russia, nor of Putin. But I am a realist. These are people we need to deal with in the near and distant future. And they need to deal with us. Okay - so they did not like Hillary. Who did? The Russians thought she would bring us into another world war. I happen to agree. She is trigger happy (look at Libya). But the bottom line is this - Russia did not do ANYTHING to use worse than what we do to them or others. That is a fact.

My advise to the DNC and Uma's horny husband is simply this - get your circuits secure, or don't put any damning information on the internet. President Elect Trump is right - if you want to keep your stuff somewhat secure, keep it off the internet. 

And for the pious ones in Congress right now, one more time - "What is good for the goose is good for the gander." Case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment