Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Occam's Razor Man







"People are going to have to get used to two immutable facts with our President. First, he is no Barack Obama. And, he no Ronald Reagan either. In my lifetime, I have never seen a President quite like Donald Trump."



Okay America. We now have our 45th President. And it certainly did not take long for the lame street press to fire off their first criticism of our new Commander in Chief. "Oh, that inauguration speech! So dour. So nationalistic. So not Barack!" And on and on the ranting went. Well, I heard the speech two times (plus snippets) of it last night. There was nothing in the speech which was not true, nor what he has not said before.

People are going to have to get used to two immutable facts concerning our new President. First, he is no Barack Obama. And, he no Ronald Reagan either. In my lifetime, I have never seen a President quite like Donald Trump. He sees things differently than others. He sure sees things differently than President Obama. In my view, President Trump does not get all tangled up in analysis paralysis like Obama did. President Trump likes to practice Occam's Razor when making decisions.

Occam's Razor is the art of taking the more simple path when confronted by a decision. Some say people who practice this art are simplistic. They shoot from the hip. But this President is 70 years old. He has been around the block a few times. And his kind of decision making has made him very successful and a multi-billionaire.

I have read that people who know Donald Trump very well say these things about him. He is impatient in getting things done. Once he plots a course in his mind, it is full steam ahead. He holds people accountable. If you are on his team, you better not just be "drift wood". If you can't be a proven performer, you will be gone. Finally, one would think this guy would be the biggest jerk in the world to work for. On the contrary - most people who have worked for him or dealt with him say he is kind and fair.

People are just going to have to get used to this new style of leadership. Things will happen at a much faster pace that they have in the past. Good. They need to. Also there is no Saul Alinsky, no Jeremiah Wright, no Cloward, no Piven, no Bill Ayers in Trump's background. No, when Donald Trump says he loves America, he means it.

I am excited about the first 100 days of this President. I think we all will see stuff get done which has taken years to do in the past. I might be mistaken - and if I am I will be the first to admit it. But I think I am right on this one.    

No comments:

Post a Comment