Wednesday, March 11, 2020

I am going to self isolate myself!





"Well in any event, back to my isolation. My wife is now up, and I fist bumped her good morning. No kisses or hand holding. Then what? Maybe another episode of 'Last Man Standing'. Welcome to my bubble."    



How is that for a redundant title? It is like when someone says, " I am going to take a selfie of myself". Drives my wife nuts. In any event, are we all ready for more isolation? Less crowds? Less gatherings? I am not. I am one of those nutty people who love to chat others up when I am out in public.

Yesterday, a friend dropped by and brought us three seasons of "Last Man Standing". That will put a dent in the boredom. Since we are both recovering from a lung disease, we nap more than once during the day. This is okay for a while, but only for a while. Even though some of the experts are telling seniors to get used to isolation, I don't know if I am ready for it. 

One of our couple friends who WERE going to Israel this week, posted a picture this morning of Ben Gurion Airport. It looks like a ghost town. Then there is Italy. Where the entire country is in sort of a "lock down". Or Ireland, where they are considering cancelling all St. Patrick Day events. Is this our new world? The world of isolation? Playing sports in front of empty stadiums? Concerts being cancelled? 

Both Bernie and Sleepy Joe were going to have rallies yesterday in Ohio. Both got cancelled due to this virus thing. The Governor of Washington is now considering limiting all gatherings to 250 people or less. The State Department is telling all seniors to stay away from cruise ships. If you are flying on a plane right now, you best not go into a sneezing fit, or you might suffer a beat down from other scared passengers.

Whoever said these are now uncharted waters might be right. With a young person living in our county, lying in the hospital in critical condition due to exposure to COVID - 19, one does not know who is safe and who is not. 

Easter is April 12th. That is a month away. By that time, will be also be like Washington, and not allowed to gather in numbers? Will Easter service be turning on the TV, then watching the pastor preach while sitting in your living room? Will Easter brunch be going out in your kitchen and putting some goodies out on the counter? Or will this all blow over by April 12th. Nobody seems to have a clue.

Well in any event, back to my isolation. My wife is now up, and I fist bumped her good morning. No kisses or hand holding. Then what? Maybe another episode of "Last Man Standing". Welcome to my bubble.    

2 comments: