Thursday, August 17, 2023

The best laid plans...




"What is going on in America? Can't say, except for the campground we were stationed at. What have we found there? First off, there is plenty of 'their, their'. People are visiting from every corner of the country, in just about every type of camper or motor home you could imagine."


This was going to be my month. I was going to meander on the roads less traveled, and report back on a timely basis. As I was preparing my first report, the Google master's told me I would not be allowed back in. Not for Blogger, not for email, - nothing. Why? They suspected a malware attack on my main computer. After two failed attempts with the Level 1 and Level 2 support desks in India, it was time to hit the road again. Knowing of course, that upon return, this would be the number one thing on my "things to do" list. And it was. 

This time around, I had a very sharp Level 2 analyst. He figured out the problem and fixed it. Thank goodness! The Bird could chirp once again! So, I am back, my trusty computer is back, and I am ready to comment/opine on all that it is going on.

What is going on in America? Can't say, except for the campground we were stationed at. What have we found there? First off, there is plenty of "their, their". People are visiting from every corner of the country, in just about every type of camper or motor home you could imagine. Some are very friendly, some are "Hi, how are you" types, and some are introverts. But that is the beauty of the campground. It is a slice of America. It is a heterogenous mix of sojourners.

Next year our plans are to venture out further into the plains, should our health remain good. This year is trying to learn how to handle and operate this 33-foot beast. Camper tailers are part camping and part house. Some folks like the bare bones camping which is almost spartan. Others like to push the envelope to the extent that camping becomes "glamping" (glorified camping). In between those two extremes, you have everything imaginable.

This weekend it is home again. Church stuff and grandies birthday. As nice as it is going away for a week, as Dorothy said in the Wizard of Oz, "there is no place like home." Even if home means cutting tons of grass and doing various other sundry chores.

But the good news, and I mean the very good news for me is this - I have my access to Google back. I can now email and blog, for that, I am really a happy camper!


No comments:

Post a Comment