Monday, November 5, 2018

Thank God it's over!





"Tomorrow will be tell the tale of the tape. My red Jeff Johnson hat, my Jeff Johnson shirts, my yard signs, will all be retired after tomorrow. The election will be over, but the fight to maintain a free country, and a free state will continue. Why? Vive la liberte' !" 



Trying to watch anything on TV right now is dang near impossible. I have the mute button on my remote almost worn off. I know, I know. I have read the statistics. Negative ads work. But when you have two ads back to back, for two competing candidates, where one is portrayed as Satan, and the other worse, some might wonder who in the heck to vote for. Meanwhile, you forget what the show or football game you were watching was all about. 

There is nothing left to do, nothing left to be said. I don't believe anyone in this state is still undecided on any race. They may say so, but I am not buying it. Not one bit. With hundreds of thousands of ballots already cast, the pundits are predicting this election will be one for the ages. Not the typical sleepy hollow midterm. This one might come close to Presidential election numbers. 

Even though I said there is nothing left to say, I do have one more thing to mention. Donald Trump. Love him or hate him, he brings people to the polls to vote. And do you know what? That is not a bad thing at all. I have mentioned this before. Donald Trump is not some kind of messiah. Not a bit. He was the right man for the right time. After his term(s) are over, there will be someone else who is "Trump-like" on the Right, and someone else who is "Obama-like" on the Left. And the nation will stay nicely and conveniently split, right down the middle. 

Why mention the obvious? As I have said in a previous post, this election will solve nothing. No matter who wins. If the Republicans prevail, the Democrats Resist! movement will double down for 2020. And if the Democrats flip the House, the patriots will have their own form of the "Resist" movement.

If the Democrats win the House, and/or take over Minnesota government, they have threatened to raise our taxes. If they do, get ready for a revolt in the manner of the Boston Tea Party. When taxes are raised, and then the money squandered by the government, then taxation really does become theft. People will not sit by and allow that to happen. If the Democrats want to sign over 100% of their paychecks to the state, go for it. But leave the patriots alone.

Tomorrow will be tell the tale of the tape. My red Jeff Johnson hat, my Jeff Johnson shirts, my yard signs, will all be retired after tomorrow. The election will be over, but the fight to maintain a free country, and a free state will continue. Why? Vive la liberte' ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment