Sunday, August 19, 2018

One HUGE non story...









"So Brennan, dry your eyes and quit your bitching. Or should I say, man up and grow a pair. You are still getting your retirement. Nobody is throwing you in jail (yet), and you are free to go on MSNBC and run your yap." 




John Brennan, the former CIA Director in the Obama administration got his clearance yanked. On another note, my grass continued to grow this weekend. Both stories are of equal importance. Why do I say that? I had a very high level clearance for over 20 years while in the Navy. It was an honor and privilege to have such a clearance. I had that clearance at the pleasure of the United States Navy. At any time, for any reason, the Navy could have relieved me of that clearance. When I retired, my clearance was also retired.

Many in the Deep State have gone in front of a camera or a mic and decried their outrage at President Trump. One idiot Senator even threatened to draft legislation to prevent the President from doing this again. Would someone pinch me and wake me up? What planet is this? Senator Tim Scott summed it up the best. Take the names or parties out of it. If one cannot prove that having a clearance makes this country safer, that clearance should be retired. Gosh, that makes sense!

Why is the Brennan issue getting so much traction? I will tell you why. He is a highly ranked member of the Deep State. The underlings in the Deep State are starting to rally around the pole, in support of Brennan. Just wait however. More are coming. Clapper, Comey, and a few select misfits still employed in the DOJ are next. Maybe even some in the FBI. Why? President Trump not only favors loyalty, but more importantly - performance. He also knows that having a clearance is a high honor. To act dishonorably in your job, shows you do not deserve the honor of having a clearance. 

In any event, change is always harder for some rather than others. Fans and followers of the Deep State have lived in this status quo for decades, so this change is gut wrenching. For others, such as myself, this type of change is long overdue. I gladly embrace and applaud what the President has done and will continue to do.

One final thing before I close. I had my clearance because I had the need to know the information I would process. It was not only an honor and privilege, there was also a burden that went along with it. When my clearance was retired, I no longer had that burden. There was no sadness. I had done my job, and now it was over. I was in a sense, free. When I went to work at my civilian job, I would actually talk to my wife about my day. When in the Navy, having a high level clearance - that never happened.  

So Brennan, dry your eyes and quit your bitching. Or should I say, man up and grow a pair. You are still getting your retirement. Nobody is throwing you in jail (yet), and you are free to go on MSNBC and run your yap. This is the biggest non-issue I have seen in a long, long time. Why it is getting the air time it is, is way beyond me. 






1 comment:

  1. The big story will be the "enemies list" and how it will be used by Trump to MAGA or used by Mueller to add to his obstruction case. WH staff will be testifying this week and we'll see how they react to pressure. Should be done calling witnesses by election but no action till 2019.

    ReplyDelete