Monday, August 27, 2018

Tomorrow - Reporting for Duty - Double Duty







"The Minnesota State Fair? Love it! Booth duty or not, I simply love it! Hey Minnesota, we are all in this together! Here is the team which can make it work! Stop by! Jeff's or Doug's tomorrow. Love to meet you. If you are a vet, wear your vet hat. Be proud brother (or sister) - you have earned it!"




I need to get my cadence on. Why? Tomorrow is Military Day at the fair. It is the day the fair honors those serving and who have served. With proper ID, military vets or current members of the service can get some discounts tomorrow. I love this day! Not for the discounts (although appreciated) - I love to see my brothers and sisters who have served coming  to the fair to be together. If you have served, you know what I am talking about. If you have not served, please bear with me.

For Military Day, I am pulling duty. Actually double duty. And I can't wait. I start my day out at 8 bells with duty at the Jeff Johnson booth. Meeting the folks from all over the state is a real treat. And since I have been in Jeff's "orbit" now for four over years, I know Jeff's positions quite well. They are uncomplicated, and very easy to explain. However, if Jeff is also at the booth during the shift, the job gets even easier. Once folks have the chance to have a face to face with Jeff, the deal is usually sealed. Nobody sells Jeff and his positions better than Jeff does.

Here is where the military comes in. Even though Jeff has never served, he is VERY pro-vet. Four years ago, he asked me (and others) to be a part of a group of vets who could bring concerns to his attention. This year he upped the game. Not only am I still on the team (Vets for Jeff), Jeff picked a Lt. Gov. who is a retired Lt.Col from the USMC (Donna Bergstrom)! Now Jeff is surrounded by folks who have served in most of the five services, and I know he appreciates each and every one of us - as well as the counsel we give him.

When I finish my duty at the Jeff Johnson booth, I will meander over to the Doug Wardlow booth for afternoon duty. Like Jeff, Doug is a quality man. If we can just put politics out of the picture for one minute for both Jeff and Doug, I would like to say this. Quality men - no, high quality men. Then if we could add in the accomplishments by both - they are off the chart qualified to lead. 

Staffing Doug's booth will be almost as easy for me as staffing Jeff's booth. Doug is so heads and shoulders above his DFL competitor, it is almost unfair to compare. Doug WILL be our next AG. Doug WILL break the almost 50 year drought we have had with no Republican in the AG's office. 

I am excited about Governor Johnson and Attorney General Wardlow working together, cleaning up the crap decades of swamp dwellers have left us. Will they be working alone? Nope. For the first time in forever, they will have a REAL auditor working with them (Welcome Pam Myhra!).

The Minnesota State Fair? Love it! Booth duty or not, I simply love it! Hey Minnesota, we are all in this together! Here is the team which can make it work! Stop by! Jeff's or Doug's tomorrow. Love to meet you. If you are a vet, wear your vet hat. Be proud brother (or sister) - you have earned it!









3 comments:

  1. Thank You for your service and enjoy another day at the double-duty fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While you are at the fair, stop by The Eco Experience, a huge climate change exhibit at the Minnesota State Fair, filled with hands-on activities, demonstrations and resources.
      Put these on your must-see list for your trip to the fair this year.
      Explore how climate change is affecting this big, cold, special state.
      Maybe you could devote a future blog re: your experience.
      LOL, thoughts and prayers.

      Delete
  2. Climate Change? More fantasy entertainment!

    I will do double duty as well-- Taxpayers League and then the GOP booth. Always enjoy seeing the Amy Klobuchar booth, right outside the snake pit.

    ReplyDelete