Thursday, February 7, 2019

WTH Virginia???





"Virginia, time to grow up. Purge all these dastardly Democrats from your system and let the grownups once again be in charge. You are better than this Virginia - much better."   


When I was in heat of my working days, one of the quips I would often tell when asked where I live, would be this - "Sometimes Minnesota, but mostly Virginia". Why would I say that? I have been to Washington DC over 200 times in my lifetime. When I would go there for business or for Navy, I would mostly stay in Virginia. I was there so much one year, I was afraid I would have to pay Virginia state taxes.

Now, what does that story have to do with the price of tea in China? Only this - I believe I got to know the State of Virginia. The people. The culture. Even though Virginia was one of the 13 Confederate States, it never felt that southern to me. And it certainly never felt redneck. I worked with all kinds of people, from all races, and never witnessed any discrimination.

After reading and watching the news this week, I guess I might have been wrong. Especially about the state Democrats. "Black face"? Really? Well, the Governor and Attorney General said (even though innocent), it was from the 80's, man! You know - back then, everybody did it as a joke. It was nothing personal. 

Well here is a news flash. When I was growing up in the 60's, I never saw ANYONE do "black face". Why? First, it is not funny. Not then, not now. Second, even back in my time, it would have been considered to be inappropriate. For these three Democrats holding high office in Virginia, two accused of using "black face" (or white hood) in college, and the other forcing oral sex on a woman at the DNC convention in 2004 - it is time to go.

Right now, the DNC powers that be are pooping tacks about this issue. From a PR perspective, it is killing the Democrats. How in the world can they keep accusing the Republicans of being racists and sexists, when they have these three stooges running Virginia government? Plus (and this is the cherry on the pie), the next in line to be Governor of Virginia after these three are gone - is a Republican. Oh, the irony!

Virginia, time to grow up. Purge all these dastardly Democrats from your system and let the grownups once again be in charge. You are better than this Virginia - much better.   

No comments:

Post a Comment