Sunday, November 18, 2012

Lights in the Sky





"The world hasn’t discovered more than
 5% of the incredible universe’s secrets"

Johann Dietrich Forner 


It was six years ago tomorrow - on Thanksgiving. Unlike this year, it was one of those late November days where winter had decided to take its time in depositing snow, cold weather and inconvenience. Since it is one of our favorite holidays, we had the family over for a nice relaxing Thanksgiving meal.

This Thanksgiving was extra special as our younger daughter, who often got caught up working on holidays, was able to join us. However, she did have an evening shift and my son in law and I agreed to give her a lift to her work location once we were done eating.

Once we finished the meal, the three of us packed up in the car, grateful we got out of helping with a massive Thanksgiving cleanup. As the day began to tire, we headed off to my daughter's workplace.

The traffic was very light, the sun was setting, and we chatted about all kinds of nonsense. Once we got to her location, dropped her off, and headed back home. After all, there was still dessert to be had, and maybe the late football game was still in progress.

My son-in-law was driving so it gave me a chance to relax and see how many people already had Christmas lights lit. As we approached the bridge going across the Mississippi River between Champlain and Anoka, something caught my eye. It looked like three helicopters, flying low over the river with their collision lights on. I pointed that out to my son-in-law and mentioned how odd it was to have some military or law enforcement training on a holiday evening.

Just as I said that, the lights started rising up from the river in triangle formation. They were not helicopters.The lights were orbs that pulsated yellow to white. The formation remained a perfect triangle as it continued to slowly turn and rise above the river. When we got to the other side of the bridge, we pulled over and got out of the car. We continued to watch this odd sight continue to rise until it disappeared. It was the last thing we expected to see on a very calm, and relaxing drive home.

It was a unique experience for me. I had never seen a UFO nor strange lights in the sky before. I have talked to credible people who have, but never for me. If I had not had my son-in-law riding with me, and seeing the same thing, I would have doubted my senses. I have no idea what we saw. Truthfully, I wish we had not seen anything - but we did.

Days later, my son-in-law thought he would contact MUFON to see if what we witnessed had merit. The person he talked to thought it might and set up an interview with us. When we told our story, he asked questions, took some notes, and then told us this could be a documented case in Minnesota.

We then asked him some questions about MUFON (I knew practically nothing about the organization). He proceeded to tell us stories that that went from interesting, to stories which made my skin crawl. It became clear that we were not the only people in Minnesota or Wisconsin who had seen or experienced something very strange and unexplainable.

I know there are millions of people in the world who have seen "something" that can't be explained. I wish I was not one of them. I think it is human nature to put things we experience in categories of similar experiences. When you see or experience something like this which does not fit in any category, it is disturbing to say the least.

However I will say this - ever since that night six years ago, my interest in the unexplained which are seen in the sky, has peaked. Although I don't know that "they" are, I do know this - the truth is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment