Thursday, April 2, 2015

Drinking Bathwater

 
 
 


"Forget the awful after taste. Drinking your own bathwater also destroys your credibility..."



There is an old saying. If someone is deeply invested in their own deceit and/or lies, that person is "drinking their own bathwater." I know - gross. But I keep thinking about that expression more and more these days. There are many in our leadership who practice this disgusting habit. Even those who have promised us "the most transparent Administration in history." Bathwater drinkers all of them.

When I thought about this topic this morning, I did not know where to start. There are so many people I could choose from. So I will choose the one whom I have the most animus towards - Lois Lerner. Well, not personal animus, but professional. What she did while at the IRS is so far beyond the pale, is so outrageous, so illegal, the Justice Department has now decided to let her ride. In other words, it is okay to get up in front of Congress, take an oath to tell the truth, destroy incriminating e-mails, and then plead the 5th.

This has been a woman with an agenda for decades. When she was at the Federal Election Commission, she was known for having a bias against groups on the right. The FEC was just a good training ground for when she got to the IRS. There she targeted the Tea Party and groups similar. When you are working for the government, receiving taxpayer money for doing a job, your political views stay at home. The fact this woman has targeted political groups whose political philosophy she disagrees with is (in my humble opinion), criminal.

The fact that a corrupt Justice Department would take a pass on the corrupt Ms. Lerner should surprise nobody. The fact that she "got away with murder" and is now collecting a big, fat government pension for the rest of her life should have many of us spitting tacks. It sure does me. The liars, the deceivers, the "bathwater drinkers" in this Administration look out for, and cover for each other. Heck, we can't even get the President to say Ms. Lerner "acted stupidly".

I know. I am but just one grain of sand in this huge desert. But I will say this anyhow. I want her prosecuted. I want her hung out to dry. What she did was wrong. It was malfeasance so severe, I want the salary paid to her during her service years returned to the taxpayers. And then I want her to do some kind of "perp walk". Even if she gets off with a stayed sentence and years of probation. AND NO DAMN RETIREMENT! Let her survive on Social Security like many other law abiding people do!

I have said this before, and I will say it many more times in the five hundred and some days left in this Administration. After it is over, we need to clean house. Fumigate everything. Get the adults back in charge, and then go back to following, and honoring, our Constitution. No more drinking bath water - us liberty minded people know better.   





No comments:

Post a Comment