Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Hate Crimes







"We are so caught up in PC, we can't even walk straight..."



Please don't call me morbid. And I really hesitate to bring this up on Thanksgiving week. But ever since the term "hate crimes" has been coined, I have been fascinated by it. Fascinated like, what is the use? I mean, why use that term for anything? For example, if someone "offs" a gay person and gets life without parole, what good does it do to also charge that person with a "hate crime"? That person is already doing life without parole.

Again, this is only a curiosity question. On the news today, they have found the three perps (I mean "alleged") who robbed, sexually assaulted (and again, I mean "alleged") the pastor's wife (who was pregnant), and then shot her in the head. This crime happened in Indiana. These three young men were self professed "gangsters". In other words, they were not Boy Scouts. And they were (dare I say it), black. And the pastor's pregnant wife was white.

Back to my fascination with "hate crimes". If this woman had been black and the three attackers white, what would the outcome have been? Would it have then have been a hate crime? Would a group like Black Lives Matter close down a major interstate in Indiana to protest this injustice? However, with this crime, not a peep from the "Justice Brothers" (that being Jesse and Al). Not a peep from any Black Lives Matter type of organization. Just the pastor saying he was working on forgiveness. Forgiveness for these three young men who decided to end two innocent lives in the most unforgivable way. And yes, I am considering her unborn child a life.

So life will go on. The pastor will have a hole in his life which will never heal. The three perps will go to prison, or worse. It will not matter to most if the term "hate crime" is attached to this murder or not. Nothing will change the outcome. Nothing will bring back the pastor's wife or unborn child. And are there any protests coming? Probably not. Even though it was a heinous crime. A brutal crime. Oh well, that is just the way things go. Or is it?

Truthfully, I am sick of this dichotomy of social justice on our society. I don't want to see any person of any color, of any background, being a victim of a serious crime. Period. The only "hate crime" I see is the discrimination of crimes against one group of people being worse than crimes against any other. And that is the way I see it. And I hate it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment