Monday, November 23, 2015

The Bird is back!



Oh boy! Did I ever need this 17 day respite. As you can see, I am now (at least temporarily) the VERY HAPPY BIRD! I had a chance to see some things I have never seen before, spend some quality time with my wife, and meet some new friends. Much, much happened in the world during the time I was gone. Islamic State being identified as who blew up the Russian airliner, the Islamic State declaring war on the City of Paris, Black Lives Matter having more demonstrations in the Twin Cities, and so forth. And those will be addressed. I also want to address some ideas and or feelings I had after visiting Colombia, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama, Mexico and yes, California.

I plan on getting back into the groove late this afternoon. However, laundry, grocery shopping, unpacking and so on are taking up most of the day. In any event, it is good to be back.

On a more somber note, I am afraid the events of the past two weeks might be a harbinger of much worse things to come. Stay alert folks - these are the trying times, these are dangerous times. Probably the most so since World War II.

No comments:

Post a Comment