Tuesday, November 6, 2018

The mystery of Aurora






"I don't think the United States has left itself without a newer and better version of the SR-71. I also don't think when we retired the last space shuttle there was not something else cooking in the back kitchen."



I have spun this yarn before. In January of 1970, when I first got to Okinawa, I was in the process of settling in and getting situated with my new surroundings. Next to the base I was stationed at, was a huge AFB called Kadena. Anyhow, true to Air Force fashion, Kadena was rumored to have the best PX on the island, and I needed some stuff. On my first day off, I caught a cab and was off to Kadena.

When I was walking towards the PX, I heard the loudest roar imaginable. Much louder than the very loud B-52's which took off on a regular basis. I looked up and saw a very weird looking aircraft going almost straight up in the sky. It looked like a pencil with two rocket engines on the back. Some airman happened to be walking by when I saw it. "What is that??" I asked. He looked at me like I was from Mars. "What? I don't see anything". That was my first intro into the world of "black programs."

What was it? The SR-71 Blackbird, now fully retired. A spy plane like no other. This follow on to the U-2 spy plane was quite an improvement. Fast, stealthy, loaded with cameras that could - never mind - probably still classified. Then all of a sudden, with no follow-on spy plane being announced, the SR-71 was gone. It left the United States without a kick-ass spy place like the Blackbird - or was it?

The long rumored Aurora Program might just be more than a rumor. Some say that Lockheed's famous Skunk Works facility has developed more than one candidate to replace the Blackbird. One of the more popular theories is a new sleek new jet called the SR-91.
This plane, using pulse technology, is (supposedly) capable of Mach 6 (or better). By the way, Mach 6 is three times faster than a speeding bullet.

Others think that Lockheed has made a quantum lead in technology and developed the TR 3-B - better known as the flying triangle. This aircraft uses a propulsion which is so complicated, I can't even begin to explain it. The speed and capabilities for this space capable aircraft are off the charts. 

More and more UFO experts and now re-thinking some of the recent sightings. May not be "otherworldly" at all. Might just be the latest and greatest aircraft (or spacecraft) to be tested by our government. What do I believe? I don't think the United States has left itself without a newer and better version of the SR-71. Not for a minute. I also don't think when we retired the last space shuttle, there was not something else cooking in the back kitchen. Why do I think that? Once you have a security clearance, you realize just how little of the story gets out in the public. It is the proverbial iceberg. 90% of the story is under the water.

This one is worth keeping an eye on folks. I think more and more is going to be revealed once we get into 2019. This time when I see a SR-91 zipping overhead, I don't want someone to tell me I am seeing things. Been there, done that - back in 1970.  

1 comment:

  1. I was med-evaced to Camp Kue Hospital from RVN, and once released, I worked at the hospital for the next few years.
    We used to drive and park alongside highway 1, which was at the end of the Kadena runway.
    Blackbirds would go full throttle in the hanger, then as soon as they were out of the hanger, they would hit the afterburner and go almost straight up, but we could see them well, along with the spies that were taking pix of it. No security in sight.
    Fun facts about the Blackbird at:

    https://www.thrillist.com/cars/facts-history-and-trivia-about-the-fastest-plane-in-the-world-the-supersonic-lockheed-martin-sr71-blackbird-spy-plane#

    New plane doesn't make any sense as there are satellites to do the work and they can be re-positioned at any time and have superb photo capabilities. And they don't need the immense support network a plane does.
    81 in Sun City today. You'll be celebrating JJ's victory, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete