Thursday, January 17, 2019

No way to run a railroad - or a country






"We continue in the winter of discontent. Now Pelosi is trying to cancel the State of the Union address. What? How much worse could Washington get? Stay tuned - it can always get worse. As Franklin said - 'We have a republic, if we can keep it'. These days, I am wondering if we can keep it."


I have been appalled to learn that one of our military forces, who by law, just happens to be stuck under Homeland Security rather than the DOD, is going without pay during the shutdown. I am talking about the Coast Guard. Now true, I have some limited empathy for most government workers who are not getting paid right now. Why? First off, I have worked with many government employees in my career. Some were value added, many were not. The fact our federal government is bloated and inefficient comes as no surprise to most. Many furloughed employees should be put out to pasture or told to look for different opportunities in the private sector.

But the Coast Guard? That is a horse of a different color. These men and women do not make a lot of money, as most service people do not. They work long hours, and often have to deal with some very dangerous and unsavory characters. So then, why are they not getting paid? Because being a part of Homeland Security, that funding is being held up as a bargaining chip. A chip in the biggest game of chicken being played on Planet Earth. I am sure if Ms. Nancy peeled off some funding which would only pay the "Coasties", and send it up to the President, he would sign it. But so far, that has not been done.

Right now, I am so riled up, so fed up, with all these two faced Democrats, I would like to have them all locked up in Gitmo. Why? What is the number one obligation of the federal government? Hint: it is not to supply food stamps to the minions. It is to KEEP THE PEOPLE OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY SAFE. That would be the job of the Department of Defense and Homeland Security. One is funded, the other is not. One has responsibility for border security - like putting a barrier on our southern border. To make that wall, or fence, or barrier, or whatever you want to call it, a pawn in this game, is treasonous.

As a citizen, as a tax payer, I will say this. BUILD THE DAMN WALL! PAY THE COAST GUARD! Good flipping grief people! This is no way to run a railroad, or a government. This is why so many people "check out" when it comes to politics. Our government is so very hosed up, they simply no longer care. So we are stuck with lunatics like Pelosi, Schumer and Cortez who could not screw in a light bulb the right way.

We continue in the winter of discontent. Now Pelosi is trying to cancel the State of the Union address. What? How much worse could Washington get? Stay tuned - it can always get worse. As Franklin said - "We have a republic, if we can keep it". These days, I am wondering if we can keep it.






6 comments:

  1. The Constitution requires the President to give Congress information periodically. The big speech seems to be a modern custom. If the decision were mine to make, I'd send it to 'em in writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pelosi has already invited the President to speak at the joint session. If she rescinds that invitation it would blow up in her face but the opinion of anybody that disagrees with her doesn't matter, so she might. In which case Trump should deliver it to the Senate alone, or in a televised address.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting a loan of $100,000 from Global Loan Access at the rate of 2% was really easy and fast. I heard someone talking about Global Loan Access on the internet and I give it a try, it work for me so I'm recommending them to you today if you are seeking to get a loan. Contact them at globalloanaccess@gmail.com today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been suffering from a deadly disease (Hsv) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lIot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr Onokun helped someone in curing his (Hsv) herpes disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486  

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am Amos harrison  , from New york, USA I can’t stop thanking DR odoma for this Great thing that he has done in my life, I am so grateful to him, i was suffering from HIV virus for 11 years,when i contacted DR odoma after reading the wonderful testimony that people has been sharing about him. I have been on medication and trying looking for a cure to my ailment. I went through internet doctors and I contacted a Tradomedical/Traditional doctor named, Dr odoma for help. He gave me all his rules and regulations,that if he cured me that I should write about him on an internet site and that is what I’m doing now. He assured me that he will cure me with his herbal medicine which he really did, and I’m now completely cured from HIV virus. What will I say rather than thanking him for saving me? Why suffering in silence when there is remedy to your diseases.Dr odoma also specialize in curing the following disease:
    *HIV/Aids
    *Kidney failure*Penis enlargement manhood 
    *Arthritis
    *Diabetes
    *Hypertension
    *Stroke
    *Obesity
    *Infertility/Impotency
    *Cancer
    *Eye Problem
    *Skin Problem
    *Fibroid Tumor
    *Ulcer
    *Prostate Problem
    *Asthma
    *Weight Management
    *Gonorrhea/Staphylococcus
    *Candidie
    *Low sperm can
    *Weak erection
    *Weak ejaculation
    *Pile
    *Elephantiasis
    *Skin Infection
    *Paralysis e.t.c
    *If you want your ex back.
    *If you always have bad dreams.
    *Herpes
    *Hpv
    *If you want to be promoted in your office. For more information contact Dr odoma via email:(drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com), you can also call him on his mobile number or whatsapp +2348100649947  

    ReplyDelete