Friday, January 11, 2019

Paul Wellstone - a moderate?






"Folks, if you voted for Democrats this time around, I suggest you review your bidding. The new Democrats are not even close to being qualified to lead. Or to govern. Or anything. We need the adults back in charge, and soon."



It has been said many times by many people much smarter than I, that if John F. Kennedy were alive today, he would be either a conservative Democrat or a moderate Republican. That is how much the Democrat party has devolved in the past 60 years. That led me to thinking about our own Minnesota Senator from yesteryear - Paul Wellstone. How would he be viewed today?

Years ago when I was a road warrior, I would often fly back home on the 5:20 pm NWA flight. Some of the time, Senator Wellstone was also on that flight, as his work in DC was done for the week. Most of the team I traveled with got to know the Senator. Most of my team were moderate to conservative, so there was nothing really in common with Senator Wellstone. That is, except we all cared for our home state of Minnesota. Plus - putting politics aside, he was very engaging. A nice guy.

There is one thing I did admire about him politically. Even though we agreed on practically nothing, his views seldom if ever, changed. His views yesterday were the same as today, and would probably be the same tomorrow. Now contrast that with the Clown Car who runs the Democrat Party today. For example, what is their position on the wall? Depends on what year you ask them. Seems like they all were in favor of it at some time. Now they are death on it. There are many other issues they are also fickle on.

I wonder how Senator Wellstone, who was Jewish, would react to the recent addition of anti-Semite nut balls who were just sworn in. Heck, one is from Minnesota. So much for the "big tent" on the Left. How would he like dealing with these young and dumb ones who think we should become another Sweden?Just because some professor told AOC that it would be "cool" to live there. 

No, I think if Paul Wellstone were alive today and still in the Senate, he might look more moderate than progressive. Heck, even the nut ball Hillary is looking moderate compared to this new crop we now have. 

That led me to some serious thinking. If this one time firebrand, Paul Wellstone, would look somewhat normal compared to what we have today, and if this trend continues, what will the Democrats look like in twenty years? Will they be run by Antifa? Or worse? 

Folks, if you voted for Democrats this time around, I suggest you review your bidding. The new Democrats are not even close to being qualified to lead. Or to govern. Or anything. We need the adults back in charge, and soon. 2020 cannot come soon enough. In fact, the damage this crew might do before 2020 might be irreversible.  

5 comments:

  1. It might also be wise to consider HOW these idiots got the most votes? And how "adults" could defeat them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For obvious reasons, the broadly liberal demographic trends in American politics have received much more attention since the 2018 elections.
    Yet the fact remains that America is politically sorted by generations in a way it never has before.
    The oldest voters are the most conservative, white, and Republican, and the youngest voters the most liberal, racially diverse, and Democratic.
    There is absolutely no sign the dynamic is abating during the Trump years. If anything, it is accelerating.
    Many conservatives supported Trump precisely because they were panicked about this trend. So far, Trump is merely accelerating the demise they feared.
    In the long run, as John Maynard Keynes quipped, “We are all dead.” But over the long run, the Republicans are especially dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Variously attributed to Churchill, et al, "If you're not a liberal when you are 20, you have no heart. If you are not a conservative when you are 40, you have no brain."

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been suffering from a deadly disease (Hsv) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lIot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr Onokun helped someone in curing his (Hsv) herpes disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486  

    ReplyDelete