Friday, January 31, 2020

Highway hypnosis...zzz...





"On the way, my wife and I will continue to look for America. The America which is never reported in the MSM. The America which is made up of normal, red blooded Americans who could give a rat's butt about what is happening in WDC."



Back in the day, when many of us took driver's training, we were warned about "highway hypnosis". Like - most of us had never heard of it. That is because in MN, most of our roads are interesting to drive on. However - not to name names too much, there are states which are as exciting to drive through as watching paint dry. Yesterday, we spent 7 hours driving through one of the worst.

About through Missouri, I told my wife I thought I was coming down with "highway hypnosis". I had a touch of it driving through Iowa, but I was wondering why I was getting it so bad in Missouri. Then it hit me. We were listening to the Q+A session on the Senate impeachment and removal trial. For the love of Mike - this stuff was about as riveting as watching turtles mate! Listening to that, along with the light gray skies, offset by the dark gray landscape of Missouri, was like falling asleep in the arms of Morpheus. 

I turned off the impeachment nonsense, and put on something on the radio which was much more alive. What I did learn from my time listening to the impeachment trial was simply this - nothing. Those who love the President, will continue to love him. Only more so. Those who have hate in their hearts for this man, will continue to do so once the trial and the acquittal is over.

The only two things the House Democrats have done by having this trial is 1) keep the Presidential candidates who are also Senators, from campaigning in Iowa, and 2) take this catastrophically divided nation, and divide it even further. Other than that, this trial has been nothing but a waste of space and time.

There is a rumor going around that many Democrat Senators will vote for dismissal or acquittal just to get this thing over with. Calling witnesses will be the kiss of death. It will not lead to removal - only weeks and weeks more of this slow and painful death of boredom. So it will be interesting to see how today plays out.

My vote is to keep it going. The Republicans have nothing in their campaign chest which is better than having Democrats on display. And the best of the best to have on display is Adam Schiff. He is so bad, I still think he is an undercover agent working for the RNC. No clear thinking Democrat would allow himself or herself, to do the kind of damage to the DNC which Schiff has done.

Me? I am done with Missouri now, headed towards the Sunshine State. On the way, my wife and I will continue to look for America. The America which is never reported in the MSM. The America which is made up of normal, red blooded Americans who could give a rat's butt about what is happening in WDC. So far, we have seen and talked to many of them. And yes - the best is yet to come!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment