Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Just a Word from the Bird

 
 



Yesterday was a big day for the Very Angry Bird. Early yesterday morning, the blog hit 10,000 views and kept climbing throughout the day. It was a humbling experience. Many times I expose not only my faith and political views, but also life experiences (some of which have been revealing about my many quirks and weaknesses).

First a bit of blog history. My first blog was called Maximus Garrulous (big talker). It dealt mostly with faith matters and it was fun to do. However, it never really caught on and thus became more of a journal than a blog. Flash forward to 10 months ago. A good friend from high school liked some of my rants I would post on Facebook. She thought I should try a blog. At first, my reaction was "been there, done that". However, on second thought - what the hey. In July 2012, the Very Angry Bird was launched.

A few facts about the last 10 months:
  • As was stated, over 10,000 views
  • 302 postings
  • Read in the United States and 9 other countries (Russia in second place)
  • Did first novelette (The Worst Case) using the blog
Where do I go from here? More of the same - hopefully better and more insightful. I am currently working on a longer book than The Worst Case. I would like to have it out by this fall. My experiences being retired Navy, retired industry ranging from defense to IT, (and many, many hard knocks) play a part in many of my posts. I do try and vet my facts to ensure my postings are as accurate as possible.

So, for those who read the Very Angry Bird, thank you. I will continue to be a political and social critic using not only facts, but also a pithy attitude. With the crowd we now have in our Federal and State governments, the well of subject matter is very deep indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment