Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I am so bored.....

 
 

 
"I gave up on watching 'Short Attention Span Theater', because I got bored with that also..."
 
 

I get bored easily. Right now, I am very bored. There is nothing in the news cycle that interests me. I am tired of hearing about Obamacare, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, IRS, NSA, WTF - you name it. There is nothing that seems to light my fire anymore.

For example, this news story broke yesterday in The Daily Mail:

A lawyer representing one of the whistleblowers with knowledge of the deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi last September says 400 surface-to-air missiles were "diverted to Libya" during the attack and fell into "the hands of some very ugly people." He continued,
"...
the U.S. intelligence community is terrified the missiles might be used to shoot down airliners — and that fear, in part, fueled the closing of embassies in the Middle East last week. They were afraid that there was going to be a missile attack on one of the embassies."

Yada, yada, yada. So what? Benghazi is so, so yesterday. It was a bummer some folks got killed, but you know - the world is not a safe place. And all this conspiracy talk about gun running and stolen missiles. That does not affect me anyhow. I am not planning a vacation to Libya in the near future.

Besides all of which, this story on stolen missiles in Libya is old news. Two years ago ABC reported on a broader aspect of the story:

Officials and security experts were concerned some of the thousands of heat-seeking missiles could easily end up in the hands of al Qaeda or other terrorists groups, creating a threat to commercial airliners. Though Libya had an estimated 20,000 man-portable surface-to-air missiles before the popular uprising began in February, the government does not have a clear picture of how many missiles they're trying to track down.

So what? If you are that worried about it, just don't fly. Case closed. Now, lets talk about the Twins and the lack of pitching they have this year. As far as Libya is concerned, I am passed it - it bores me. Some say I should be concerned, others say I should be panicked. However, the newspaper I read does not report it, so I am not concerned. Now, back to the Twins...

I am John Q. Public, and I approve, and fully endorse this article.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment