Friday, April 1, 2016

Convention Time






"And to be with the people in my BPOU tomorrow will be a thrill. They are all, good and decent folks. A great way to spend a Saturday in early April."



Tomorrow is my BPOU convention. That is when all the delegates from the precincts who caucused will come together and hash things out. Some people think these conventions are as boring as watching paint dry. Some thing they are as exciting as watching Final Four NCAA Tournament. Me? I look upon them as neither. It is however, an excellent day long example of how the roots in grassroots politics really operates.

There will be many people who sign up to be delegates or alternates for the district and then the state convention. And not all will be chosen. If I am not chosen, that will be fine. My goal is to help chose the 39 best out of a group of very, very good patriots. I know the ones chosen will do fine by me. My goal tomorrow is to help set up early in the morning, be there for the voting, and then help by being a teller. And to be with the people in my BPOU tomorrow will be a thrill. They are all, good and decent folks. A great way to spend a Saturday in early April.

If you are not in a BPOU, I would strongly encourage you to do so. The membership standards and the cost is very high. Okay - that is an April Fool's joke. Your membership is your address and how your voting preference is. If you are a Democrat, there an BPOU for you. The same for Republican. If you are unsure, you can visit both. But I will say this. If you want a front row seat of how things happen, how things are put together, a chance to vote at the ground level, this is the place to be. 

So that is it. Short and sweet this afternoon. It is election season in Minnesota as well as the country. It is a time where all of us can be connected. As a selfish note, I will say this. I have met some of the finest people in my last few decades since I have stepped up my political game. Good, solid people. And I have learned from many of them. I am still learning. So tomorrow for the convention - game on. Let's roll!






No comments:

Post a Comment