Tuesday, December 31, 2019

The party crasher!






"Sound cruel? Sorry. I will try better next year. Or not. It is time to put an end to this mayhem on our southern border."



Here it is, New Year's Eve, and I am reminded of parties gone by. One party in particular, I really wanted to go to. It was going to be the bomb. The only problem is, I was not invited. Now I could have gone, by doing the hard work of getting to know people, becoming friends with the hosts, so that maybe I could have received an invite. But that was way, way too much work and fuss. I decided just to crash the party instead.


Once I got in the party, it did not take long for me to be "outed". They first asked me to leave. I refused. I told them I had a right to be there. They explained the people who were there, had done the hard work of being friends for years, and they deserved their invites. I did not care. Then they told me they would call the police and have me thrown out. I told them to go ahead. I would get a lawyer. After all, I deserved to be at that party.

Get the picture? Of course that did not happen, but that is what is happening right now with our immigration policies. I understand the conditions in many of the countries in Central America suck. But is that our problem? We already take in more LEGAL immigrants than most countries. In fact, I just read an article the other day about Japan. They don't want ANY immigrants - legal or otherwise. 

Many of the "party crashers" ( that be illegal immigrants) feel entitled to be here. Based on what, I might ask? Based on the fact their country sucks, and they want a better economic advantage? That is not the way it works. It is up to this country, to ascertain the types of skill levels it needs, and then issue work visas. Or, if someone wants to do the hard work of legal immigration, do it that way. And then learn to speak and write the language! But party crashing does not work in real life, and it sure does not work in immigration.

Sound cruel? Sorry. I will try better next year. Or not. It is time to put an end to this mayhem on our southern border. For once and for all. If everyone who wanted to live here, came here as a party crasher, our country would no longer be a country. Fact. We need our laws. Our immigration laws. To think otherwise is just not to think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment