Saturday, December 22, 2012

It's ALL Good...

 
 


"Oh what a beautiful morning,
Oh what a beautiful day,
I've got a wonderful feeling,
Everything's going my way"
 
Rodgers and Hammerstein


Today, I woke up with a song in my heart! Not really. I did however, wake up deep in introspection about this very busy month. Much has happened this month and much is yet to happen. With as much negativity as we have been exposed to, this morning, a very simple thought came to mind - it really is all good.

Not to sound like a Pollyanna, what does that mean? For example, consider the following:
  • Hey - the world did not end yesterday. Many people secreted quarts of stomach bile worrying about this for months, maybe years. We all woke up this morning and things were still here.
  • We are going over the "fiscal cliff" in less than two weeks. Who cares? For those who have really studied this situation, the cure, for it really to work, is going to be very painful for most of us. We might as well (financially) stick our finger down our throat, throw up, and get it over with. Bad news does not get better with age, and going over the cliff might end up being the best thing for all of us.
  • We made it thought the shortest day of the year. Not only was is the first day of winter, many also think of it as the first day of early spring as the days will now start to get longer. Yea!
  • As I write this, I am sitting next to my wife who I have been married to for close to 40 years. We both had birthdays this month and are healthy enough to enjoy doing and sharing things together. Not a day that goes by, that I am not grateful for this wonderful woman whom I share my life with.
  • Having just done a posting on our Constitution earlier this week, it gave me pause to remember how grateful I am that I live in this most wonderful country. With all the warts and bruises we sometimes get coming to consensus by governing, I would not trade it. We are blessed beyond measure to live here.
  • As proud as I was of my girls as they were growing up, I am even more proud of them now that they are young women. Not only for the accomplishments they have earned in their professions, but most importantly, their hearts. The joy that my wife and I receive from them is truly the gift that keeps on giving.
  • Christmas is next week - the ultimate season of renewal. For those who believe, it is the time to celebrate the birth of Christ, the most special of seasons. For those who do not believe, it is still the most festive of times. To me, that is the magic of Christmas, maybe that is the hidden gift for us all. It is the time when many believers, or other wise, become more Christ like in how they treat others. It is truly the most wonderful time of the year.

Just some thoughts to share on this frigid morning. We will soon set out on our day, doing some final chores before the Christmas celebration begins, and still try to carve out time to reflect and enjoy. Is it good? Absolutely, today I look around and say, "It's ALL good".

No comments:

Post a Comment