Monday, July 23, 2018

Yank that dang clearance!





"I am reminded of that old saying (if I may butcher it a bit) - 'If you plan to kill the King, make sure you don't just wound him.' Donald Trump took a minor wound from the Deep State, and now he is on the attack."


Oh boy! Did Sarah Sanders ever step in it today with the press corps during the daily briefing! The Trump Administration has the the gall, the supercilious, malicious, audacity, to threaten to pull clearances of people who no longer need them! Who no longer work for the government. I have never heard of such of thing! Oh wait - maybe I have. Like every time someone retired from the Navy (including me), their clearance went inactive. If it were never re-activated (for employment purposes usually), it would simply lapse.

Why the three stooges of Comey, Brennan and Clapper still have clearances is way beyond me. From my viewpoint, the only thing they have done with their clearances since their former boss left the White House, is hassle our President. Now if President Trump said he wanted to freeze their retirements, that would be harsh. Harsh, yet justified. But the clearance? Who gives a rat's bottom? After working for the government as well as the Deep State, their pockets are probably nicely lined. They do not need a part time gig.

Also (and this is the kill shot), when I first received my TS SCI clearance, the chief who was doing my indoctrination told me, "Getting a clearance is like getting a driver's licence. Only it is more of a privilege than getting a licence. If you abuse your driver's licence, the state will revoke it. For a clearance as high as yours, the bar is very high to keep it. Screw up even a little bit, and it will be gone." 

Bingo! Having a high level clearance (and the three stooges are a whole lot higher than mine was), is not a right, it is still a privilege. As far as I am concerned, if they these guys can get out of town with only losing their clearances, they will be lucky. 

I am reminded of that old saying (if I may butcher it a bit) - "If you plan to kill the King, make sure you don't just wound him." Donald Trump took a minor wound from the Deep State, and now he is on the attack. My opinion if I were one of these three guys? Hope and pray that President Trump stops at removing only the clearance. If you know what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Once the job is done, the clearance goes. There is plenty of material to dis Trump without access to privilaged data.

    ReplyDelete