Sunday, August 2, 2026

Enough already! Of this AI stuff!

 



"Many in Hollywood are shaking in their star-studded boots that soon, very soon, content for movies, TV shows and maybe even music recordings will be done by non-humans (not aliens). I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but AI is already infused in many movies with very complicated special effects."


Welcome to the future. As we continue to plod along with our daily lives, the future has a habit of sneaking up on us. With many starting to wring their hands in worry and show some legit concern about how AI will affect our lives, the cat is already out of the bag (so to speak). ICYMI, your cell phone provider as well as your internet provider has been dishing out loads of AI stuff to be embedded in your favorite toys. And as the old saying goes, "You have not seen nothing as of yet."

Every time I do a blog post, and before I publish it, my friendly (yet uninvited) AI who lives in my blogosphere, asks me if I would like to have (he/she/it) re-write my article. So far, the answer has always been NO! Could the AI do a better job than me at times? Maybe - but the product would not be mine. It would belong to (he/she/it) instead. No - as flawed as my writing is compared to a robot, it is still mine.

This past week, there was a real Skynet type of story on the news. It seems that the AI from one developer got into the weeds of a couple of other AI products from different developers and corrupted them. Here is my legal question of the day - since the guilty AI is autonomous, who is responsible for the charges to fix the corrupted programs? The (he/she/it) who did it? Or the developer, who is only as guilty as Frankenstein was. Could something like this happen again? Count on it.

Many in Hollywood are shaking in their star-studded boots that soon, very soon, content for movies, TV shows and maybe even music recordings will be done by non-humans (not aliens). I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but AI is already infused in many movies with very complicated special effects. I can only imagine what Hollywood will look like in five years. Why five years? In this rapid world of AI technology, five years is like forever. 

Soon, most will not know what is real and what is AI generated. Yes, it will be that good. My thoughts? I will stick with the same opinion as the man on the dino pictured above. Since he does not believe in AI spoofing people, neither shall I! 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment