"With Russia knocking at the door of NATO, with China getting ready to do something awful to Taiwan, and with the Norks still eyeing South Korea - we don't have the time nor the resources to put up with an adventuresome Iran. The smart money still lies on finishing these guys and doing it before August is over."
It hit me hard this weekend. I think I have figured out the endgame for the thugs in the IRGC. Maybe it was because they read the comic strip Peanuts when they were younger and understand that Lucy and the football trick. Iran is going to survive for two reasons. First - they keep changing the goalposts. Every time we think we might be getting close to a "deal" that slippery little thing called peace squirms away from us. And second (and this is a big one) - our government keeps changing. As such, the IRGC plays our politics better than we do.
Many are now asking, why can't we just finish this? We could I suppose, if our POTUS would stiffen his spine against the headwinds and allow our military to do their thing. But Iran keeps playing for time. Playing for control of the Strait. Playing for time so that they can continue on with their nuke research. Heck, they finally confessed they have a missile which has the range to hit our homeland. Our reaction to that has been crickets. Nada.
Meanwhile, the IDF and the Mossad keep knocking certain IRGC baddies off the chess board. Not enough to make a huge difference in this war, but every little bit helps. What would help even more? For Saudi to grow a pair. Lean into this fight instead of begging us to stop the bombing. I would think that if any country, outside of Isreal, could benefit from a neutered Iran - it would be Saudi Arabia. I guess I might have been wrong.
Then the question I have been pondering really hit home. What if we don't finish the job? Leave Iran just the way it is right now. What would the future be like? I think most of us know that Iran is not going to change. Until the people rise up and overthrow the IRGC, we are stuck with the status quo. And what the IRGC wants more than anything else right now is to survive. Survive to become strong again, so they can practice hegemony in the region. And yes - to rid the world of the Big Satan (us) and the Little Satan (Israel).
With Russia knocking at the door of NATO, with China getting ready to do something awful to Taiwan, and with the Norks still eyeing South Korea - we don't have the time nor the resources to put up with an adventuresome Iran. The smart money still lies on finishing these guys and doing it before August is over. But to finish them means real war, not just this ariel target practice. What does real war feel like over there? Maybe we should ask the Israelis. They have been doing it for years.
No comments:
Post a Comment