Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Thousand Chirps!

 
 
 

 
"Some friends today just call me 'Bird' - I am okay with that. Some on the Left call me birdbrain. Whatever..."



Today is a big day in the Birdhouse! This post will be my 1,000th since I have started this blog. It is a humbling experience to say the least. It has been a real treat for me, and I have enjoyed sharing some experiences as well as my (sometimes unwanted) views on politics. I do so for only this reason - the waters swilling around our country are not for a cruise ship, not for the faint of heart. These are critical days in the preservation of our great republic.

I have been surprised at how some of my articles have been read and received. I have published some articles which I think are some of my finest. And yet, they receive very few views. On the other hand, I have two articles I published which have gone viral. One has over 2,700 views and the other close to 2,000. When I wrote them, I never thought the readership on them would have been that high. A pleasant surprise to say the least. 

As the blog closes in on 50,000 views, metrics allow me some visibility in the who, what and why of viewership. I look at that information only out of curiosity. The metric I find the most interesting is where in the world the blog is read. Besides many different states in this country, it is also read in Russia, Europe, the Middle East and the Far East. The vast majority of the readership still occurs in this country, in this state.

As we continue on into the New Year, the Bird will be watching very closely. In particular, our newly elected officials. I am old enough to have walked this path before. The utter disappointment of having great opportunity squandered. You see, I really do care about this great country. I care about it's future not so much for me, I care it for the sake of my children and my soon to be born grandson. I believe our nation's path has become so occluded with partisan politics and political correctness, we have lost our way. It has led to an evisceration of our national courage - we have lost the ability to do the right, if not painful, thing. Our kids deserve better. They deserve to have the table set for them the same way the table was set for us by our parents.

In 2015, the Bird will continue to watch and listen. When so moved, there will be social commentary published. There will be occasional faith based stories. Human interest stories. If relevant, rare stories of some of life experiences. 

For those who have read my postings, thank you. It really does mean a lot to me. I don't expect all to agree with everything I write. In fact, I really enjoy the occasional feedback I get when another view is expressed. I learn and grow that way. In the meantime, it is time to get back on my perch and get ready for tomorrow's edition - number 1,001. Tomorrow it will be back to business as usual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment