Friday, July 17, 2015

Active Shooter Warning

 
 



"Our brave fighting men and women, most who are highly trained, are stripped naked of weapons when they come back to the "safety" of their home country..." 



Yesterday was yet another bad day for the home team. We lost four more of our military's finest. Unlike Fort Hood, the freshly fallen were Marines at a Naval Reserve Center. Similar to Fort Hood, our service people, who have excellent weapon training, were unarmed. Also similar to Fort Hood, our unarmed service people were gunned down by a .... Muslim.

Now the big question is what triggered this guy. Was it the news, was it a bad day, or was it a message from ISIL? My opinion - who cares? I could give a rat's butt what set this guy off. All I know is this - this movie is getting very, very old. We have seen it many times. The only thing that was refreshingly different about this tragedy, was the way our government described it. Probably without our Presidents knowledge or permission, it was immediately called domestic terrorism. I still think our Administration refers to the Fort Hood shooting was "workplace violence".

My how things have changed since I have retired from the Navy. During my service time, I spent quite a bit of time at our local reserve center. I can't remember going through an active shooter drill. Never had the threat of Muslims coming in and shooting up the place. Today however, is a different story. We have tens of thousands of Muslims in the area. Earlier in the week, I reported on social media we were hassled by a Muslim from Somalia (he told us he was) in South Minneapolis. The first thing he said when he approached us was how much he hated Americans and America. Odds are he is not the only one who feels that way. There are more who hate us. Who want us dead. Want our military destroyed. And they might be living right next door.

Please don't get me wrong. I am sure the majority of Muslim immigrants just want to start a new life here and make a living. But there are some who don't. Some who want to do us harm. Some who want to do harm to our military when our soldiers, sailors and airmen are stateside. Because we did not taking this domestic threat seriously, we have four dead Marines this morning. I am so mad about this, so pissed, I am spitting tacks. Four dead Marines for committing the crime of going to work at the reserve center.

I really don't care if we must take a recess from the strict confines of our Fourth Amendment. I want to find out who is with us and who is against us. I am sick and tired of playing this "whose who" game post facto. I want to know who the bad actors are before we have another "active shooter" incident at a military base. I want our President to get his head out of the clouds and call a spade a spade. These are not Mormons. They are not Methodists. They are not Norwegian Lutherans. They are Muslims. That is who the profile is.

To our fallen Marines, all I can say is thank you for protecting this great country. I am so sorry we could not protect you when you came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment