Thursday, December 7, 2017

Kinda wish he would have stuck around...





"Al Franken - you are damaged goods. Not just a little bit, but a whole lotta bit. Having you remain in the Senate, bathed in your hypocrisy would have been splendid for the red team." 



I am not a priest, but in all my years, I have heard a lot of sorrowful people repent or confess things they were very sorry for. Today for the first time, a guy who almost got caught (so to speak) with his pants down, admitted to nothing. These silly women who "said" something bad happened with Al, are either liars or mistaken. To some, Al gave the benefit of the doubt - "I guess I remember things differently". Oh come on Al! Like, those were Leeann Tweeden's shoulders you were cupping and not her breasts. Oh well...

The problem is Al, in the eyes of many of the women in the Senate (both parties), you are a sleaze ball. You say you are a "champion of women", yet your actions betray that claim. You are a user and a abuser sir. A real man would have come forth and admitted his mistakes, asked for forgiveness, and then quietly exited through the back door. To stand in the Well of the Senate and say, "Well, even though these charges are baseless, what about the President? What about Judge Moore?" What about them Franken? This day was all about YOU!

Al Franken - you are damaged goods. Not just a little bit, but a whole lotta bit. Having you remain in the Senate, bathed in your hypocrisy, would have been splendid for the red team. Many Christians who do not believe in karma might have started to. The 60th ObamaCare vote, leaving the Senate with a dark cloud over his head, was very close to karma. Many are happy you are leaving. However if you had stuck around, your word would not have been worth spit - and that includes for folks on your side of the aisle.

And to think, with all your character flaws, you had the BALLS to go after fine men like Judge Gorsuch or Judge Stras, makes me want to puke in my mouth. Since you are my age (hard to believe), I have no idea why you did not serve our country in the military like I did. Maybe you thought that was beneath a person of your stature. Anyhow, in the service you learn many things. Like - taking responsibility for your actions. Plus, if you worked for me and grabbed a woman's breasts like you did, I would have busted you down to an E-1.

I know a pastor friend of mine thinks you are a good egg, and worthy of redemption. Okay - I will bite. I don't know if I will go along with the "good egg" stuff, but we are all worthy of redemption if we first agree to change. Blaming the victim is not a good way to start Al. Repenting is good. 

Well, good luck Al in your next life. You said today you wanted to go back to being an activist. Hey! I am an activist also! Maybe we can meet on the trail some time and talk about old times. That is - if I can trust you. And, if you have truly repented.  

3 comments:

  1. The Senate will be much better represented when Roy Moore (“I think it was great at the time when families were united — even though we had slavery — they cared for one another. … Our families were strong, our country had a direction.”) is elected by the Christians of the Great State of Alabama.

    Now for a real conservative sincere apology....
    GOP Rep. Trent Franks acknowledged he made staffers "uncomfortable" and that he discussed fertility issues and surrogacy with two female staffers, but denied having ever "physically intimidated, coerced, or had, or attempted to have, any sexual contact with any member of my congressional staff.
    House Speaker Paul Ryan's office released a statement saying that Ryan was briefed on "credible claims of misconduct" last week and that Franks did not deny the allegations when he was confronted with them.
    Ryan got him out before he had too face the music. Good Move!
    I think you said before, sleaze does not follow party lines, nor end when it reaches the highest office.
    Dave Gjerdingen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 45 to visit his doctor in January. I hope they give him the mini-mental state test and mini-cog test. Unfortunately for the country and its citizens, the results will be kept private.

      Delete
  2. I don't care if he's mad as a hatter, so long as he keeps doing all the "right" things. And do we need a test for the sufferers of Trump Derangement Syndrome? They seem to me to need it more than Trump does. At least he smiles.

    ReplyDelete