Saturday, January 12, 2019

"From my cold dead fingers!"




"I will make a deal with the gun grabbers. The first time I do ANYTHING illegal with my firearms, then we can talk about losing my right to own. Until that time, my guns are my property, legally obtained, legally stored and legally used." 



Interesting day yesterday. I went to a local sporting goods store to buy some "soon to be illegal" ammo. For a Friday, the place was really hopping. Why? Fear, mostly. I chatted with some of the staff, as well as some of the customers. ALL were very aware of what was going on in St. Paul. NONE liked it, not one bit. One gentleman I chatted with, was just finalizing a sale on a .40 cal sidearm. He told me he already owned ten other guns. I then asked him what he would do if Minnesota enacted some kind of confiscatory law against guns. He looked at me with an emotionless face and said, "If they come for my guns, they will have to pry them from my cold dead fingers."

Then it dawned on me. These were not common criminals, who were shopping in this store. They were law abiding citizens, exercising their God given right to own a firearm. As for myself, my record is spotless - only one minor traffic ticket from thirty years ago. In fact, my record is so clean, a CID officer told me after one of my SCI background checks, investigating me was "boring". And yet, if the Democrats have their way, I will soon be a criminal.

Come on Bird! Cut the drama! Drama? I wish it were so. In Oregon they just passed a bill where owning any mag which holds over five rounds is illegal. If you own one, you are a criminal. Five rounds? Where do you buy a mag like that? I have never seen one. Standard mags hold much more than five rounds. They have a similar law in New Jersey, only with mags holding slightly more than five rounds. Plus in Oregon, the amount of ammo you can have on hand in minuscule. So what does that have to do with Minnesota? Plenty. The gun grabbers in St.Paul already have bills in process which will turn tens of thousands of Minnesotans into instant criminals.

Only a snowflake could be this clueless. This clueless that to believe that disarming law abiding citizens would take care of gun violence. It will only make it worse. The age old adage of "when you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns", will ring true in every corner of the state. Meanwhile, the most important right which is contained in the Bill of Rights is about to be sullied. Maybe sullied beyond repair.

I will make a deal with the gun grabbers. The first time I do ANYTHING illegal with my firearms, then we can talk about losing my right to own. Until that time, my guns are my property, legally obtained, legally stored and legally used. If the grabbers want to change the "legally" to "illegally" we are going to have a problem. Not just with me, with legions just like me. 

3 comments:

  1. Paranoia runs deep within the gun-toting community. This is the sickness. This is the disease. Any mention of the elimination of the Second Amendment will send shock waves down the spine of gun owners. A paranoid person always has a list of people who he believes are out to get him or who are going to attack him. This list includes but is not limit to:

    · The Russians
    · The Chinese
    · The aliens
    · Terrorists
    · Burglars
    · Muggers
    · Crooked police officers
    · The United States Government
    · The British (wanting their colonies back)
    · Drug dealers
    · Home invasion robbers
    · An illegal immigrant
    · A crazed ex-husband

    And the list goes on. (You might as well throw in Big Foot, The Lockness Monster and ghosts). A paranoid person is a mentally ill and unstable person. Most gun owners fit right into this criteria. They always feel if someone were out to get them. They have to watch their own backs. They cannot trust law enforcement or authority figures. And while it is true that each of these afore mentioned "enemies" could attack you, the chances are very remote. You are much more likely to die in a car crash from a drunk driver than being shot by a Russian invading your country. You are much more likely to be shot by someone you know (like a spouse, neighbor or co-worker) than by a burglar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an FWI: the Japanese didn’t invade the U.S. because of our what?? Armed populace! Maybe you need to reread History. An unarmed populace is usually a “dead populace.” What was the first thing the Nazi’s did to the Jews? Disarm them. That didn’t turn out very well for them now did it? So we gun owners are hardly paranoid. And if it’s not a rogue tyrannical Gov that we need them for, protection from danger and dangerous people (ie: the people you described) is a rather good idea wouldn’t you say? It’s only COMMON SENSE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Amos harrison  , from New york, USA I can’t stop thanking DR odoma for this Great thing that he has done in my life, I am so grateful to him, i was suffering from HIV virus for 11 years,when i contacted DR odoma after reading the wonderful testimony that people has been sharing about him. I have been on medication and trying looking for a cure to my ailment. I went through internet doctors and I contacted a Tradomedical/Traditional doctor named, Dr odoma for help. He gave me all his rules and regulations,that if he cured me that I should write about him on an internet site and that is what I’m doing now. He assured me that he will cure me with his herbal medicine which he really did, and I’m now completely cured from HIV virus. What will I say rather than thanking him for saving me? Why suffering in silence when there is remedy to your diseases.Dr odoma also specialize in curing the following disease:
    *HIV/Aids
    *Kidney failure*Penis enlargement manhood 
    *Arthritis
    *Diabetes
    *Hypertension
    *Stroke
    *Obesity
    *Infertility/Impotency
    *Cancer
    *Eye Problem
    *Skin Problem
    *Fibroid Tumor
    *Ulcer
    *Prostate Problem
    *Asthma
    *Weight Management
    *Gonorrhea/Staphylococcus
    *Candidie
    *Low sperm can
    *Weak erection
    *Weak ejaculation
    *Pile
    *Elephantiasis
    *Skin Infection
    *Paralysis e.t.c
    *If you want your ex back.
    *If you always have bad dreams.
    *Herpes
    *Hpv
    *If you want to be promoted in your office. For more information contact Dr odoma via email:(drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com), you can also call him on his mobile number or whatsapp +2348100649947  

    ReplyDelete