Monday, January 21, 2019

Is orange our new black?






"To honor Martin Luther King on this day, I think the best way to do it is to remember that credo he taught us. Look past the pigmentation of someone's skin, and focus on something much deeper - that being a person's character. Period. It really is as simple as that."  


As most of us know, today is Martin Luther King Day. It is a day we celebrate one of our greatest Americans. A man who because of some deranged nut ball, died way too young. As a child of the 60's, I remember Dr. King when he was alive. Heard him speak many times on TV. I took to heart what he said about skin color. To him, skin color did not mean as much as much as the content of a person's character did. Many of us growing up during that period not only remembered it, but also lived it.

Our last President was half black, and was raised by a white mother. The Left, as well as the media, made a BIG deal out of the color of his skin - more so than the content of his character. In fact, between President Obama and his first AG (who was also half black), race was all we seemed to hear about. In fact, I remember his AG accusing the American people of being "cowards" for not discussing race more often. I guess that "content of the character" thing really flew out the window during that period.

Our current President is also a person of color (sort of). He has an orange tint. Many on the Left call him the "Orange Man" (among worse things). Can you imagine if during the past administration, people on the right had referred to the President as that "Black Man"? But they did not. If they had, man, oh man! The ship would have really hit the sand!

David Webb, a black conservative radio host, was debating a black liberal woman on the radio recently. They did not know each other. All of a sudden, she accused him of having "white privilege". Needless to say, she was somewhat flummoxed and taken aback when she found out Webb was black.

When asked about it once the debate was over, Webb shrugged it off. "My skin is only an organ of my body. It does not think, it does not reason. It is just an organ." Bingo! That was a MLK moment! David Webb was taking about content of character, NOT color of skin.

To honor Martin Luther King on this day, I think the best way to do it is to remember that credo he taught us. Look past the pigmentation of someone's skin, and focus on something much deeper - that being a person's character. Period. It really is as simple as that.  


13 comments:

  1. Character?
    My dislike of him should be tempered by this consideration: He is an almost inexpressibly sad specimen. It must be misery to awaken to another day of being Donald Trump. He seems to have as many friends as his pluperfect self-centeredness allows, and as he has earned in an entirely transactional life. His historical ignorance deprives him of the satisfaction of working in a house where much magnificent history has been made. His childlike ignorance — preserved by a lifetime of single-minded self-promotion — concerning governance and economics guarantees that whenever he must interact with experienced and accomplished people, he is as bewildered as a kindergartner at a seminar on string theory. Which is why this fountain of self-refuting boasts (“I have a very good brain”) lies so much. He does so less to deceive anyone than to reassure himself. And as balm for his base, which remains oblivious to his likely contempt for them as sheep who can be effortlessly gulled by preposterous fictions. The tungsten strength of his supporters' loyalty is as impressive as his indifference to expanding their numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave - you need to learn not to hold back with your feelings about 45. Let it out. Please...speak your piece... ;>)

      Delete
    2. George Will article. I wish I could think and write like that.



      Delete
    3. Are you in financial crisis, looking for money to start your own business or to pay your bills?, Global Loan Access is given all types of loans at low interest rate of 2% I got mine from them you can Apply now via email at: ( globalloanaccess@gmail.com )

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. "We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!”

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am suddenly reminded of the quote from Gen. George Patton, during a north Africa tank battle, "Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!" Have a little respect, and maybe something will go right for you, and for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you in financial crisis, looking for money to start your own business or to pay your bills?, Global Loan Access is given all types of loans at low interest rate of 2% I got mine from them you can Apply now via email at: ( globalloanaccess@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have been suffering from a deadly disease (Hsv) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lIot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr Onokun helped someone in curing his (Hsv) herpes disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am Amos harrison  , from New york, USA I can’t stop thanking DR odoma for this Great thing that he has done in my life, I am so grateful to him, i was suffering from HIV virus for 11 years,when i contacted DR odoma after reading the wonderful testimony that people has been sharing about him. I have been on medication and trying looking for a cure to my ailment. I went through internet doctors and I contacted a Tradomedical/Traditional doctor named, Dr odoma for help. He gave me all his rules and regulations,that if he cured me that I should write about him on an internet site and that is what I’m doing now. He assured me that he will cure me with his herbal medicine which he really did, and I’m now completely cured from HIV virus. What will I say rather than thanking him for saving me? Why suffering in silence when there is remedy to your diseases.Dr odoma also specialize in curing the following disease:
    *HIV/Aids
    *Kidney failure*Penis enlargement manhood 
    *Arthritis
    *Diabetes
    *Hypertension
    *Stroke
    *Obesity
    *Infertility/Impotency
    *Cancer
    *Eye Problem
    *Skin Problem
    *Fibroid Tumor
    *Ulcer
    *Prostate Problem
    *Asthma
    *Weight Management
    *Gonorrhea/Staphylococcus
    *Candidie
    *Low sperm can
    *Weak erection
    *Weak ejaculation
    *Pile
    *Elephantiasis
    *Skin Infection
    *Paralysis e.t.c
    *If you want your ex back.
    *If you always have bad dreams.
    *Herpes
    *Hpv
    *If you want to be promoted in your office. For more information contact Dr odoma via email:(drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com), you can also call him on his mobile number or whatsapp +2348100649947  

    ReplyDelete