Friday, July 17, 2020

Our dissolution of trust





"Trust is not given - it is earned. That is how it once was. Today, you can lose trust in someone just because of what was reported of Facebook or Twitter. Sad." 


With all the changes which this country has been going through as late, to me, the most disturbing is the dissolution of trust. Things we at one time believed to be sacrosanct in their veracity, we no longer believe. For example, the CDC, once looked upon as a paradigm of truth and clarity, is now looked up with suspicion. Even by the White House. Why? Data. Is the data being cooked a bit, or is it pure? Are there other agendas going on, or not. Is the CDC in cahoots with the WHO and/or the ChiComs, or not. I am not saying it is or is not trustworthy - I am saying to many, the CDC is not as trustworthy as it once was.

And what about the poll numbers for Donald Trump? Can we believe even a smidge of those numbers? One thing the media and many of the pollsters are not, is TRUTHFUL! Makes you want to pull your hair out!

How about something more down to earth? Like on the streets, every day. Our police forces. Don't worry - most of us "normals" still trust the cops. We know the vast majority of them still protect and serve. But today, many youth, many minorities, and the most disturbing - many big blue mayors - do not. Yes, that is true. Many big blue mayors, like the biggest one of all (Bill de Blasio), can't stand their cops. In fact - cops are so suspect, so despised, in so many big blue cities, their funding is being slashed or eliminated. And because of that, the police don't trust their city leaders. Not a bit. Not worth a wit.

How about Washington? How many still trust our politicians? Hands? None, I can see. Well, this one is okay not to trust. There is precious little many politicians have done to engender our trust. The fact that many a senator or congressperson has gone to Washington poor, and left quite wealthy, is a main reason why they are as popular as a tooth ache. Congress does not trust the President, and he does not trust them. The Senate does not trust the House, and visa versa. With lack of trust goes the lack of respect. Enough said.

How about more local? The governors? Want an example of lack of trust? The Governor of New York. Cuomo the Great. The one who put thousands of vulnerable older adults into hotbeds of COVID. That would be the long term care facilities. Any wonder why almost 23,000 folks died in New York City alone? It was the tag team of Cuomo and de Blasio that made NYC the hot zone of the world for COVID. Why these guys are not brought up on some kind of charges, is beyond me. Trust? I would trust Attila the Hun more than I would trust many  Democrat governors.

How about right here in good old Minnesota? Land of Minnesota nice. Governor "no balls" Walz. Mayor Jacob "Frey Baby". And don't get me started on that Star Wars bar crowd, better known as the Minneapolis City Council. I don't trust any of those clowns. And neither does the federal government. That is one of the reason why the funding request, sent by Walz, was turned down. Trust these clowns to do the right thing? NEVER!

I have said this for years. Many years. I would a hundred times rather have someone tell me they did not like me, than they don't trust me. Yes, trust is that important to me. I know full trust is earned - that being said, I also give someone the benefit of the doubt when I meet them. In other words, I give them more than just a modicum of trust, but not yet my full trust. That still needs to be earned.

Trust is not given - it is earned. That is how it once was. Today, you can lose trust in someone just because of what was reported of Facebook or Twitter. Sad. How can this nation heal? Once we start trusting each other again. Once we start earning each others trust again. Living up to that trust. Trust me - that is the truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment