Monday, April 9, 2018

The new era of the special counsel...






"In the past, a blind eye was used when a President had an affair (your welcome Bill Clinton). Not with Donald Trump. Okay - we just needed to know what the rules are. Now we know." 



There is an old saying, that if you look long and hard enough, you can dig up dirt on Mother Theresa. Okay - we all know that is somewhat tongue in cheek, but there is a modicum of truth to it. For example, I have a clean record. I have been investigated with a fine tooth comb every time my SCI security clearance was up for renewal. My one blot on my record, driving or otherwise? A ticket in 1985 when I passed a garbage truck which pulled out ahead of me on a busy street. I clipped the double yellow line and was observed doing so by a cop. 

Does that mean I have been an angel all of my life? Far from it. I have been good, but far from perfect. How far from perfect? If Bob Mueller and his band of Clinton lovers were investigating me, they would find something very quickly. A criminal action? No. Maybe running a stoplight without been caught, speeding without being caught, or whatever. 

Why do I bring this up? Mueller was first brought on board to look into the alleged collusion between the Russians and Donald Trump in the 2016 election. After months and hundreds of thousands (or millions) of dollars, that resulted in a big fat zero. 

Today Trump's personal lawyer's office was raided by the FBI. Files were seized (been there - I now what it is like). They are looking into an alleged payout to a stripper from years ago. If the President had his fingerprints on it. Whether he did or did not is not the purpose of this article. My point is I think the game has now changed. The next time we have a Democrat President, he or she will be investigated down to how many times underwear and socks are changed. It may be from a special counsel, it may be from some other investigatory body. But there will be investigations, and plenty of them.

In the past, a blind eye was used when a President had an affair (your welcome Bill Clinton). Not with Donald Trump. Okay - we just needed to know what the rules are. Now we know. 

4 comments:

  1. Mueller and maybe Rosenstein gone by end of week! DIC still has weak Congess that won't impeach or charge. Now is time to act before mid-terms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any believe that there is, was, or will be a single standard for judging Democrats and Republicans alike seems a fanciful notion at best. Better if Trump takes an AR 15 to a knife fight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have stated it poorly, but I believe it is in DIC's best interest to fire folks quickly so he will be able to weather the storm. With a do nothing congress in place, he is safe. After the mid-term massacre, he will not be safe, so he should act now, especially if he has exposure.

      Delete
  3. Odd to hear the "lock her up" crowd all worked up about attorney client privilege and due process!

    ReplyDelete