Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Name calling






"Have I forgiven this person for calling me this once powerful name? Sure. Do I care that he called me that? Not really. Like I said, I was bemused and amused, as the name does not mean anything anymore." 



Big news! Yesterday, for the first time in my life, I got called a racist! You mean, by someone of color I might have insulted? Nope. It was a white liberal. Did I say something which deserved that retort from a Woke limousine liberal? No again. Not even close. But there is more to this story.

In my Navy career, I worked for people of color, with people of color, and had people of color working for me. Nary one issue - ever. In my civilian career, I worked for people of color, and worked with people of color. Nary one issue - ever. Worked with many different people of color in my church associations, volunteer associations, working with the homeless and hungry. Nary one issue - ever. By the way - never been called a sexist either. But I digress. 

What did I think when I got called a racist? Bemused, and then amused, more than anything else. My wife and I have talked about this "racist" term for a while now. How is used, overused and abused by the left. Bottom line? The left has ruined this once powerful word. Today, it means nothing like it used to. People who get called racists by white fragility types, are met with a "whatever" or just a "meh".

When we talk past each other, when we name call, when we seek to besmirch instead of edify, we as a society, lose out. In fact, when I explained to this name caller, that most of us conservatives are "color blind", because we took MLK's famous speech to heart, this Woke limousine liberal accused Republicans of "misappropriating" Dr. Kings words. That the Party of Lincoln has changed over the years, and it is really us who are racists. Rubbish!

Have I forgiven this person for calling me this once powerful name? Sure. Do I care that he called me that? Not really. Like I said, I was bemused and amused, as the name does not mean anything anymore. 

Onward and upward. We have bigger fish to fry. America is at the tipping point, and we need all hands on deck to save this great nation. The damage being done to America right now is huge. We have no time for name calling. Only action. 


 

1 comment:

  1. Critical race theory is the idea that everybody is racist, so therefore nobody is. To be a liberal is to tolerate the most insane ideas as ultimate truth.

    ReplyDelete