Friday, September 13, 2013

The True Believers

 
 


 
"These are some of the last guardians protecting us from the enemies at the gate..."




Last night at long last, I attended my first Tea Party meeting. It all started at the State Fair. The booth I worked at during the fair was just down the street from the Tea Party booth. I had the chance to meet and talk to Jack, who is one of the leaders of the Tea Party movement in the Twin Cities. We talked about how hot it was, where we both lived in the northern suburbs, but mostly talked about the conservative movement and where it was going. He asked if I would like to come to the next meeting in September. I agreed, and when I got home that day, I penciled in September 12th as an event I would attend.

I arrived at he event last night not knowing what to expect. I knew some people, but most I did not. However, everyone treated me and welcomed me as a friend. Not one person asked "What took you so long to get involved?" Instead, I was greeted with many "Welcomes!" I was not a stranger for long.

There were people there from all spectrum's of conservatism. Some were elected officials, some were media personalities, some were delegates, and some were just concerned, involved citizens. There were united by a common bond - a deep and abiding love for country and the principals which founded it. The intolerance I heard related to an out of control government what would tort or besmirch our Constitution. The people there were smart, informed and happy. However, similar to the Tea Party of old, they were a serious as a heart attack when it came to the protection of the Republic. There are iron clad principals on which there is no compromise, no quarter, no surrender.

As much as the media tries to demonize the Tea Party, let me tell you what I saw. I saw us. I saw people like you and me who love this country, love each other, and love God. During the meeting we sang the National Anthem, said the Pledge of Allegiance, and prayed. In short, we did everything the "Statists" tell our kids not to do in school. We heard from very smart people about our Constitution, the Bill of Rights as well as current and pending legislation.

I will go again. Last night was time well spent, and I learned how much needs to be done and how little time we have to do it. There was no pressure at the meeting - however, there was a plethora of opportunities offered.

It was an honor and privilege to be in attendance with fellow patriots - people who believe strongly in liberty. These folks are the "guardians at the gate". They are the final Aegis that protect us from enemies who threaten our liberty from within. Most of all, they are the true believers - believers and protectors of the American dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment