Friday, February 20, 2015

The "Nothing Burger" Conference

 
 
 
"To quote a commercial from yesteryear, 'Where is the beef!' Good question..."



(Yawn). Is it over yet? The three day event on terror? The conference where certain names and terms were forbidden? You know - words like Muslim, terrorist, Islamic Terrorist just to name a few. It was however, an excellent conference on PC, doubletalk and crosstalk. It was three days of burning air and accomplishing nothing. In short, to quote Pat Buchanan, it was a big fat "Nothing Burger".

It was however, a great stage for grandstanding. It was a perfect stage for our President. Rather than condemning the countless atrocities committed by ISIL and other Islamic Terrorists during the past few months, he continued on with what the State Department "Valley Girl" said earlier this week. (If I may paraphrase), "To stop terror, we need better opportunities for the disenfranchised. The downtrodden. And we need to listen to their list of grievances." Holy smoke! I thought we has resurrected Barack the Community Organizer! "Grievances" - we might as well have had Al Sharpton standing next to the President with a bullhorn.

America's Mayor stirred up a bit of a hornet's nest this week when he said he wondered if this President loved America. I think Rudy could have said that a bit smoother, but hey - he is from New York. Putting that aside, Rudy does have a point. This President talks about America much different than past Presidents. He is not much of a cheerleader for our country - but he is a good apologist.

As much as the President derides Fox News, he could take a lesson from their motto - be "fair and balanced". If you are going to talk about the atrocities committed during the Crusades, be sure to mention they were committed by both sides. If you are going to have clergy at this conference, make sure you also have a Rabbi and either a priest or pastor also.

Now that this waste of time and money is over, I will go back to my article from yesterday. Jobs, grievances, money, love - none of that will stop these Islamic Terrorists. They are out to right an ancient wrong (in their opinion). To do so, means the taking of territory, and eliminating (killing) the infidels (that be us). There will be no negotiation, no surrender and certainly no mercy. The battle they want is the final battle of mankind. The one which is down to the "last man standing".

I, along with many American patriots, are flummoxed on why this is so hard for our Administration to understand this simple fact. ISIL does not want to play nice - in fact, they don't want to play at all. They just want to kill and brutalize. The actions of these terrorists remind me of a poem I wrote back in the early 70's:

Here I stand a man among men,
I know no evil, I practice no sin.
I burn, destroy, kill and maim,
its funny I don't even know my name.
I cover the path where peace had trod
Some call me man, but I call me God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment