Saturday, March 7, 2015

Love the one you are with...

 
 


"First things first - I should admit this. I like this man. Like most of us, he is not perfect. But he is pretty darned good, never the less!"



Okay. I will admit it. I bought into all this teaching I have learned about. This teaching about love. You know, one of the two greatest commandments the Lord gave to us. To love others as we love ourselves. Sometimes it is hard - very hard. To love the unlovable. To love the ones who disappoint us. Who we disagree with. To love where love should be vacant. If the Lord loved us that way, we would all be doomed. I know I would be.

Tom Emmer has made two very tough votes. Not easy. It was a tough choice between liberty and pragmatism. How would have I voted? Sitting on the side lines, I have my opinion how I would have voted. However, living on the shores of the Potomac, with all the political nuances involved, I really don't know. I might have voted the same way Tom did, or maybe different.

I admire Tom for leaving Jacquie and the kids at home to "fight the dragon" in Washington. After being in Washington over 250 times on business and military, I still don't think that I could have made that type of sacrifice. I told Tom a year ago, it is hard to please everyone, on every vote. That being said, I still have confidence in Tom to do the right thing. To cast the right vote. To protect liberty.

If someone is looking for me to throw Tom under the bus, they are looking in the wrong direction. Even though Tom and I are friends, I will still hold him accountable for his votes. He was been in office a whopping two months now, and had two very tough votes. But he is still my Congressman. He is not Michele Bachmann, he is Tom Emmer. He is his own person.

I have always admired the Democrats for sticking close to the most flawed candidate they put forward. Tom Emmer is not a flawed candidate. Should he have skipped the Selma thing today? Maybe. But Tom's opinion was to go - and that is what really matters. We will have plenty of time, plenty of venues to discuss Tom's recent votes and choices. And many of those times Tom will be with us to explain his actions.

I truly do understand the confusion and anger some have towards Tom. That being said, there is not one person, not one single person, that I hold malice toward in how they feel about the past two months. We are one team. Imperfect, bickering at times, gracious for the most part, who are trying to do the best for our country.

 We all believe that Barack Obama is not a patriot. I also believe that and have come to that conclusion. However, Tom Emmer is a patriot. It is up to us to help Tom succeed, not to bind him. He is ours. We elected him. We need to help him succeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment