Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Back to (semi) normal...





"To save Minnesota from the progressives, we have a ton of work to do. Someone asked me during the holidays why I bother. I bother because this is the state of my birth. It is where my kids and grand kids live."



As much as I like all the celebration and hub-bub that captures us all during the time from Thanksgiving until the last bowl game on New Year's Day is over, I have to admit I do also look forward to it being done. Why? Like many of us, I am trying to get back to normal - or should I say semi-normal. The new year is anxious to get started, and that can't happen until the holiday period is finished.

But what is normal? It sure is not northeast Florida where there is a winter storm watch today. As they say down south, "Well, that sure the heck ain't normal!" My wife plans to have a Bloody Mary event while she puts Christmas stuff away (yes, I will be pulled into that vortex!). Because of still having out of town guests yesterday, this annual New Year's Day tradition had to slip a day. So that is not normal either. 

Today, a young black man, with a lot of promise, takes over the reigns at St. Paul. This is historic, as he will be the first Afro-American elected to be the Mayor of St. Paul. At the same time, a young man about the age of my oldest daughter is taking over the mess in Minneapolis. His motto? Let's get our "swagger" back. Good luck with that Jacob. Might be better luck if you had at least one conservative in your city government. Right now, your are only one shade lighter blue than the rest of the Loons who run the place.

This would not be complete if we did not look at the new changes in California. Yes the land of the fruits and nuts is at it again. The almost Republican-less state legislature, under the leadership of "Moonbeam" Brown, has now authorized the entire state of California to be a "sanctuary state". What does that mean? More cases like the Kate Steinle murder, I am afraid. But who cares? With California's new marijuana law, everybody will be stoned and having the munchies anyhow. The once great state of Ronald Reagan, has devolved into nothing more than used toilet paper. 

Me? It is really "go time" for the 2018 campaign season. To save Minnesota from the progressives, we have a ton of work to do. Someone asked me during the holidays why I bother. I bother because this is the state of my birth. It is where my kids and grand kids live. I owe it to them. However, if we cannot pull this state back from the cliff this year, the landslide down into Gomorrah will be complete. And then I will exit this place, with great regret.

So today is "back to normal" day. Or should I say "semi-normal". In an event, the holiday season is over, and it is time to get on with getting on.  


5 comments:

  1. Along with California, Minnesota is the fifth fastest growing state economy, with private-sector job growth exceeding pre-recession levels.
    Forbes rates Minnesota as the eighth best state for business. Republicans deserve some of the credit, particularly for their commitment to education reform.
    They also argue that Minnesota’s new growth stems from the low taxes and reduced spending under Mr. Dayton’s Republican predecessor, Tim Pawlenty.
    But Minnesota’s job growth was subpar during Mr. Pawlenty’s eight-year tenure and recovered only under Mr. Dayton.
    If you would like to read a comparison between Wisconsin and Walker's failed policies and Minnesota, go to:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/24/opinion/sunday/right-vs-left-in-the-midwest.html
    The answer is neither left nor right, but someplace in the middle, a place you GOP folks will probably never visit nor can even envision. SAD
    Have a great day,
    Dave Gjerdingen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harsh. You already broke your New Year's resolution to be nicer to the red team.

      Delete
    2. Just a warning that Wisconsin got hosed by a conservative and short 13 Billion dollars on a phone chip deal that may never happen.
      Just sayin', be careful what you wish for.

      Delete
    3. And I've broken all of my resolutions, NOT, don't make any I can't keep.
      Besides, you and Jerry need a foil.
      I'm not as articulate as you two. But I have a mind that is open to new and relevant information.
      And it looks like 45 will be in office until the dementia worsens, so I better get to know/like him.

      Delete
  2. Bachman for Senator! Tea Party Christian with congressional experience. What a great fit.

    ReplyDelete