Wednesday, January 3, 2018

EDL - Right or wrong for us?






"After all, the voting booth seems to be the only place left that 'trust me' seems to be used more than documented proof. Time to get this fixed."


Okay - I did it. I am now a good citizen, once again. Even though the good state of Minnesota has begged for many delays in implementation from DHS, I applied for, and then waited forever for, my Enhanced Driver's License (EDL). To say it was a pain in the drain is an understatement. To bring in the documentation, wait in line for a long, protracted period with a bunch of other disgruntled citizens, and then wait again until the New Year to finally receive it - yuck! 

But enough complaining. That is the former sailor in me coming out, once again. I now have it in my wallet, RFID chip and all, ready to go out and do ??? with it. According to the DHS website, these enhancements to our driver's licences are supposed to be the best thing since canned beer. However (comma), I have heard (and read), that many times they work as well getting across the boarder into Canada and Mexico as not having one at all. Many times a passport is still advised to have with at all times. 

Okay. So what gives? Why did I need to spend the extra $15 to get something which has questionable usage? Or does it? That is when I had a blast of common sense, which hit me like a wave on a Florida beach. 

Because I had to bring in extra identification to prove that I was me (so to speak), and it is supposed to be fool proof, this might be a perfect fix to really cut down on the voter fraud in this state (please - don't waste your time telling me there is none). That's right - time to resurrect the Voter ID issue. Trust me, I am as tired as the next guy at hearing from the Left that Voter ID is nothing more than voter suppression by the Right. Gag me with a spoon. 

Nope - even if this EDL never allows me easier access to Canada (and back again), having a better way to keep the frauds and felons out of the voting booth is well worth the $15. And by the way, with the stakes being as high as they are in this year's election, and having another DFL plant (who can turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to fraud) as our SOS, the opportunity for voter fraud will be enormous this year.

Now I have a RFID chip in my wallet. According some futurists, a time is coming when we will all have one implanted under our skin. To make sure this is just not another intrusive move by Big Brother, can we try to make some lemonade out this lemon? Like making the EDL a fool proof Voter ID tool? After all, the voting booth seems to be the only place left that "trust me" seems to be used more than documented proof. Time to get this fixed.  

  

3 comments:

  1. We use military ID and passport card to travel. I'm not sure what illegal aliens use, but they seem to travel ok. I am sure the few illegals that risk exposure by trying to vote will not affect the results of a statewide election if they now choose to stay home. You are going to have to convince a percentage of snowflakes that you platform is better for them than the Dems. Good Luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big climate from the Left is that minorities are too stupid to drive, and too stupid to go get a FREE voter ID card if it is offered. A recent man-on-the-street interview in Harlem found about 90% of folks angered by the assumption, and said they HAD ID already. Maybe that's a selling point? "The minority community doesn't like being called stupid, so let's not."

    ReplyDelete