Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A good night Indeed!

 
 



"Many that came tonight have a heart for the hungry, the homeless or the hurting..."




As I sit in my sun room and watch the evening tire, I look at the fresh ink of a bar stamp on my left hand. I can't even remember the last time I had a bar stamp on my hand. But tonight, my wife and I went to a very special occasion. We went to a trendy micro brewery to meet up with our youngest daughter. Why? Because the micro-brewery we went to was sponsoring a fund raiser for the organization she works at.

Some research we did on this micro-brew called Indeed yielded some very interesting facts. Located in the North Loop of Minneapolis, Indeed Brewery sponsors one charity event every month. For that one night, every sale goes directly to the charity being sponsored. An amazing act of compassion these days, in this economy.

Well tonight it was the turn of the organization my daughter works for. My wife and I drove down in some less than sunny weather, found a place to park at Indeed, and then located our daughter. We then had the opportunity to meet many of her co-workers. Each one we talked with had the same passion my daughter has - to help those who need it the most. I would like to say how selfless and dedicated these young people are, but that would not do them justice. They are at the tip of the spear when it comes to getting the hungry, the homeless or the hurting aligned with the services they need.

Both my wife and I are very proud of our daughter. We are proud of the people she works with. It was a fun night to kick back and just talk about "stuff". However, tomorrow is another day. Another day of outreach, of finding services for those who need them, to comfort those who need comforting. The team will not be sitting at the micro-brew relaxing - they will be back out on the front line helping.

If you get a chance to meet one of our young (or sometimes not so young) folks who help the hungry or homeless, please go up and thank them. When they go out to help others, they do their dead level best to get people help. Not to question, not to judge, just help.

It has always been said our kids learn from us. However, I can honestly say we have learned from our daughters. Not how to do math or learn history - instead we have learned deeper levels of compassion. And for that we are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment