Thursday, November 30, 2017

Wobegon wrongs







"Only in the state of Lake Wobegon could people like Franken and Keillor be spawned." 


Oh my! It seems the "me too" movement has now spread into the sleepy little town of Lake Wobegon. And the long time founder and mayor of that little burg, seems to have been caught with his hand in the cookie jar (or some place like that). The Anoka Minnesota liberal who has made a living out of bashing conservatives with unfunny "humor", now has found himself in a place which is anything but funny. And his career, just like Matt Lauer's,  is toast.

Garrison is a friend of fellow groper Al Franken. In fact (and this is rich irony), yesterday Garrison had just penned an op/ed defending his buddy Al. Here is the view of many on the Right - whether it was when Al Franken was running the mess called Air America, or Garrison Keillor doing some of his folksy stand up (comedy?), many times they would take snarky shots at those on the Right. How did anyone expect the Right to react when these two bozos got caught doing naughty stuff?

A social media friend called me on the carpet yesterday. She asked me if I forgot "my President" also has a checkered past with women. Nope - not a bit. I have not forgotten. During the campaign when I was on Team Cruz, I would shudder at some of the things I heard. Then when Donald Trump became the endorsed candidate and I joined Team Trump, I had to make a decision. I have accepted Donald Trump as a "mixed bag". I support him for trying to fix the broken things which need fixing in our economy. And to drain that bloody swamp. Still however, I cringe at some of the things he says or tweets.

In any event, the beat goes on. I told my wife the person I am the most interested in right now is John Conyers. He has said more than once that if he gets the "heave ho" out of Congress (and it is looking like he might), he is taking a bunch of other Democrats with him. 

But what about Al? Any news? Well, of course. A fifth woman has come out and joined the "me too" brigade. It bugs the crap out of me this phony blowhard is still in the Senate, on the committee questioning a good man like Judge Stras. According to the unfunny comedian Franken, Judge Stras is not qualified. If his confirmation was not so critical, this would almost be funny. The unqualified, fraudulently elected liberal in the Senate, telling a most qualified Constitutional jurist, that he is unqualified. Only in the state of Lake Wobegon could people like Franken and Keillor be spawned. 

Stay tuned folks. This is getting interesting. This morning in the paper, some Anoka resident was quoted as saying, "Boy, it is hard to even flirt with women anymore." No sir - it is not. If a woman does not want to be flirted with, there are many ways, spoken or otherwise, she will tell you. If it stops there, no harm, no foul. However, if you persist after a woman says (in some form) back off, then you are harassing her. Logic 101 - been like that forever.

One final word before I sign off. This is directed to the mother of all sexual predators in government. Yes "Slick Willie", I am talking about you. Right now, you should be scared, very, very scared. The curtain has come down, and there is no more wizard in there protecting your past. Good luck going forward Bill - you will need it.

5 comments:

  1. Enough rejoicing over snowflake sexual escapades while ignoring your own 45's decades of sexual proclivities and pecadillos....

    The glaciers of Pine Island Bay are two of the largest and fastest-melting in Antarctica. Together, they act as a plug holding back enough ice to pour 11 feet of sea-level rise into the world’s oceans—an amount that would submerge every coastal city on the planet.
    For that reason, finding out how fast these glaciers will collapse is one of the most important scientific questions in the world today.
    There’s no doubt this ice will melt as (no matter what the reason) Antarctica warms. The vital question is when.
    Have a great day, it's one week til winter, and Rex T is sighing a breath of relief.
    Dave Gjerdingen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The elevation of my house is just under 900 feet above sea level. Phoenix is just over 1,000. Most of the red cities are inland. Many of the blue cities are not. I also believe (like the ice ages have told us), the polar caps expand and retract through time. This is just a cycle. I am much more worried about the Zombie Apocalypse than I am some folks in LA moving further inland. And BTW, no offense to Rex, but he does need to go. We need a SOS that will scare the little dictator in North Korea into having loose bowels. Putting Pompeo in there would do the trick.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Pompeo and Cotton will end the Iran nuclear deal and we will go back to war with Iran. Both are as dangerous to the US as 45's deteriorating mental state. The zombie apocalypse is upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brock Long, FEMA Administrator is as smart and forward thinking as anyone in 45's administration.

    ReplyDelete