Thursday, September 28, 2023

Round Two, and who is who?





"Who won the debate last night in my book? Some say Joe Biden won it, as most of the fire was directed inward instead of at the Democrats. DeSantis did much better and looked better than at the first debate. That being said, I thought Nikki Haley really showed her stuff."


Watching the debate last night, I kept thinking about what was missing. There really was no "secret sauce" to keep it interesting. In other words, I really miss Donald Trump during these debates. Let's face it - President Trump is the Alpha Male of the group. After last night, I decided who were the players and who were the want-to-be folks.

First off, it is time to cull the herd. It was good Asa Hutchinson was not there last night. I have no idea why he is running in the first place. I have been impressed with the Governor of North Dakota, Doug Burgum. That being said, he is not ready for prime time as yet. He is a clear thinker and would love to see him in a cabinet post such as Energy. But president? Not yet. Maybe not ever.

Chris Chrisie. I do like his sense of humor. His one liner about "Donald Duck" last night was funny, even though few people laughed. Just like in the first debate, when he called Vivek "Chat GPT". Again, not that many laughed, but I did. And I like Vivek. It was just a good line by Christie. However, his only schtick is that he hates Donald Trump. My advice? Bury that hatchet. Christie has NO CHANCE of winning, and therefore should make nice with the guy who does. Why? He would make one heck of an AG serving under Donald Trump. 

I hate to say it, but the other two folks who need to call it a day are Tim Scott and Vivek Ramaswamy. Both good men, but last night showed how ill prepared they are for the position of president. Good cabinet picks, both of them. I love Tim Scott's back story, and never get tired of hearing it. Vivek is sharp as tacks, but sometimes his engine runs too hot for his own good. Like I said, good folk, but it is now time to go.

My choice for the third debate would be Donald Trump, Nikki Haley, and Ron DeSantis. Those are the three who are ready for prime time. It is true that Donald Trump has a mountain of a lead over both Haley and DeSantis - but he also has a mountain of legal trouble which could de-rail him. It is almost interesting to watch how the Deep State is throwing everything at Trump except the kitchen sink to keep him from running. But Donald Trump is like the Energizer Bunny. He just keeps going and going and going.

Who won the debate last night in my book? Some say Joe Biden won it, as most of the fire was directed inward instead of at the Democrats. DeSantis did much better and looked better than at the first debate. That being said, I thought Nikki Haley really showed her stuff. But the upcoming third debate will really tell the tale of the tape. Until then, I am just enjoying the show.   




No comments:

Post a Comment