Monday, August 10, 2015

Anger at the Washington Cartel







"How could this man, who often has been accused on not playing with others, be President? Simple - seething anger at the Washington Cartel..."




Let me set the table first so people will not get the wrong idea. I think Donald Trump is a very smart business man. He has proven himself to be a force to be reckoned with. His motto of "when I get kicked, I kick back harder" has earned him both respect and fear from contemporaries and competitors alike. That being said, there are many people who have some unflattering things to say about him. How he handled ethics in a deal. How he handled other people. And yes, some say how he would occasionally deal with women.

Now to me, until I see iron clad proof of some of these allegations, they remain only anecdotal. What I do see from Donald Trump is a man who has made billions in a very tough market - New York. So what in the world is the pull for people to support Trump in such high numbers so early in the 2016 election season? One word - anger. People are FED UP with the Washington Cartel. They are fed up with the "R"s becoming like "D"s once they get to Washington. They are fed up with the "K" Street thugs who blur the line between lobbying and representing. And yes, they are fed up with cronyism.

I believe one of the things that resonated early in the Trump campaign is when he declared, "Nobody owns me. I am very rich. I am very smart. I am beholden to no one."  Some might think that is arrogant. However, there are many who hear this and think one thing only - here is a guy who will probably never be a part of the Cartel. Ever. And in my opinion, that is exactly what is driving his polls right now. It has given him a Teflon coating. 

Just by coincidence, I was sent a copy of an invite to an event featuring the Speaker of the House. It is just a small gathering of friends with a chance to meet the number three man in our federal government. The price tag? Cheap. Only $1,000 to get in the door. And if you want to sit at the table and rub elbows with one of the Cartel power brokers, well that is only $10,000. But maybe by sitting at his table you could whisper in his ear. You could ask for something you want or need. And then, only by doing so, congratulations! You too have now become part of the Cartel! You have become part of the problem, and not part of the solution. 

Donald Trump is the closest thing we have seen to a "Mr. Smith" for a while. Ted Cruz is close - but now he too is considered by some as "part of Washington". Speaking of Senator Cruz, let me say this. Like many, I think he is the sharpest tack we have. In a debate with Hillary, Sanders, or whomever - Cruz will make mince meat out of them. Trump would do well also, but the styles would be much, much different. Whereas Senator Cruz would dissect his opponent with a scalpel, Donald Trump would use a hatchet.

I still don't think Donald Trump will make it to and through the endorsing process. But he will do something very positive on the path to get there. He will continue to expose the garbage that exists in Washington. He will continue to expose the Cartel. The cronyism. He will name names. And he has to fear in doing so. Why? As he has said many times, nobody owns him - and never will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment