Saturday, March 9, 2024

🎶 Where has all the money gone, long time passing...🎶






"I can see why ten million illegals are roaming our land right now. Heck, who would not want to live here? Cradle to grave coddling. Free money and free everything. Is there a crash coming? Count on it. Bunker up, prep up, because the crash is coming."   



Cheer up Earthlings! Our Republic is saved! How so? Our somewhat less than frugal government, is getting ready to have Old Yeller sign into law a "minibus". That is a toned-down version of an omnibus bill. It is worth a mere 1/2 trillion dollars, and it will fund parts of the government until the end of this fiscal year. It averts a partial government shutdown (big whoop) and will keep the lobbyists on "K" Street very happy.

Here is the long and the short of it. Back when I was working, some of my conservative comrades and I would often talk about the sad state of our free spending government. One day I came up with this analogy: A massive asteroid was headed towards Earth. When it hits, all life will cease. But we have a year before it hits. I take out every penny from my savings. I run up all my charge cards to the absolute max. I party, I travel, I buy stuff I have always wanted. I live like I have no regard for anything except the moment.

That is our government in a nutshell. Only there is no asteroid, and all this money being spent, needs to be accounted for at some time.

Thursday night Uncle Joe gave the SOTU campaign speech. Out of the blue, he said he wanted to build a port in Gaza. Huh? Where in the world did that come from. And paid for how? By us? Is there an offset? Of course not silly! Just put it on the tab. Meanwhile, the one area which is severely underfunded (our military), is getting only a 1% bump. With China, Russia, and Iran all going to town on their military spending, a 1% increase "ain't gonna cut it".  

Back to Biden's new port. Besides wondering who will pay to have this put in (lots of bucks), who will pay to maintain it? Will it belong to us? If so, how many troops will need to be stationed there? Will it be considered hazardous duty? Come on man! Stop with the platitudes and give us some facts! 

By the way, besides all the new goodies that Sleepy Joe was talking about in his campaign speech, the "minibus" bill is also brimming over with earmarks. In fact, even Diane Feinstein (who is long dead now), has some earmarks in this bill. That is just how bad it is. On the news last night, some of the worthless garbage in these earmarks which you and I will be paying for in this bill was enumerated. It would be funny if it were not so sad.

I can see why ten million illegals are roaming our land right now. Heck, who would not want to live here? Cradle to grave coddling. Free money and free everything. Is there a crash coming? Count on it. Bunker up, prep up, because the crash is coming.   


1 comment:

  1. Actually a port for Gaza makes sense--after the "Free Palestine" slogan is fulfilled by rooting out the Hamans who've been running/ruining the place since '05. The Gaza Strip happens to largely coincide with the old Philistine states whose name the Romans appropriated for their new province of Syria-Palestine, so it might as well start there. Seems more a project for DJT than than for Joe Blowup, though.

    ReplyDelete