Friday, October 4, 2013

Another Word from the Bird....

20,000!


Yesterday was a big day for the Very Angry Bird. Early yesterday morning, the blog hit 20,000 views and kept climbing throughout the day. It was a humbling experience. Many times I expose not only my faith and political views, but also life experiences (some of which have been revealing about my many quirks and weaknesses).

Another big milestone for the Very Angry Bird. Today, the blog hit 20,000 views. It was only on May 15th of this year, the blog hit 10,000 views. It took 10 months to get the first 10,000 views - less than 5 months to get the next 10,000 views. It pleases me that more people are finding the daily posts a worth while place to spend a minute or two.

First a bit of blog history. My first blog was called Maximus Garrulous (big talker). It dealt mostly with faith matters and it was fun to do. However, it never really caught on and thus became more of a journal than a blog. Flash forward to 15 months ago. A good friend from high school liked some of my rants I would post on Facebook. She thought I should try a blog. At first, my reaction was "been there, done that". However, on second thought - what the hey. In July 2012, the Very Angry Bird was launched.

A few facts about the last 15 months:

  • As was stated, over 20,000 views
  • 498 postings
  • Read in the United States and 12 other countries (Russia in second place)
  • Did first two novelettes (The Worst Case and Fatal Splash) using the blog

Where do I go from here? More of the same - hopefully better and more insightful. My experiences being retired Navy, retired industry ranging from defense to IT, (and many, many hard knocks) play a part in many of my posts. I do try and vet my facts to ensure my postings are as accurate as possible.

So, for those who read the Very Angry Bird, thank you. I will continue to be a political and social critic using not only facts, but also a pithy attitude. With the crowd we now have in our Federal and State governments, the well of subject matter continues to be very deep indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment