Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Steak Fry

 
 


"Not to brag, but my steaks are some of the best meat you will ever put in your mouth..." 

 

Not too long ago, I was able to purchase some of the finest steaks that have ever been sold. They were aged perfectly, cut correctly and sized to fit my grill. I also was able to find the perfect seasoning and oil. These steaks were the ones that not only would melt in your mouth, but also would set the bar much higher for better adventures in eating.

Because these steaks were so special, I invited some of my closest friends over to help me savor them once they were cooked to perfection. I made sure that I had enough steaks on hand to feed everyone (and there were many) that I had invited.

Come the day of the steak fry, the weather was absolutely perfect. The sky was azure blue, and the temperature was in the low 70's. The grill was cleaned and the coals were dry. I had the steaks soaking in olive oil and sprinkled with my “magic rub”. In other words, I was ready.

One person showed up. I had enough steaks to feed many, but only one person showed up to take part in this meal. How could anyone pass this up? In my opinion, this was the meal of a lifetime! People were suppose to come to be fed, and fed to their fill.

This is the way I feel when many of our churches offer “spiritual food” that is the best of the best, and very few people show up to partake in it. One of the real saints that helped prepare food in a church we once attended told me “I like to have my menu and count down pat, because I can’t stand wasting food”. I could not agree more. We should hate wasting spiritual food offered to us as well as physical food.

The next time you run into one of the “cooks” that prepare spiritual food, please thank them. Even better than thanking them, show up for the meal the next time one of life transforming menu items is offered. You will be blessed beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment