Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Why I Like Mike

 
 


"Was he my first choice? No. However, he is 10 times, no, 100 times better than Franken..."



Going down to Rochester last week, I was more sure of the governor candidates than of the senate candidates. Of the very crowded field for the senate seat, I had made my choice -  Chris Dalhberg. I felt we needed someone who was not only a vet (the Senate now has precious few), but also someone who is strong up on the Range. Chris, a constitutional conservative, had proven he could bring "blue dog" Democrats over to our side.

Chris fought the good fight, but in the end did not have the juice to get the endorsement. He did however, leave a VERY GOOD impression on most. He will be back.

During and before the convention, I had the chance to chat one on one with Mike McFadden. There is nothing about him I do not like - except his reluctance to abide by the endorsement. I told him that to his face. There was also some earlier confusion about his views on Second Amendment gun registration issues. Mike has since recanted and clarified those statements. However, the fact he initially said them is still bothersome. I told Mike the only way I could support him was if he won the endorsement. He did and I will.

Even though weak on governmental experience, Mike has the proven business experience to make a splash in Washington. Prior to being elected, the current guy in the seat had no government nor business experience - all he had was a comedy routine and the ability to wear a diaper. In the six years since we elected him, all he has done of note is ruin our health care system by being the 60th vote for ObamaCare. He has done NOTHING for the state of Minnesota. Even though he has a house here, he is more connected with New York and California.

We need someone who is not going to vote with the President 100% of the time. We need someone who will help tip the control of the Senate back into Republican hands. We need someone who is tough and cannot be easily "cowed". Mike is this guy. We have to stop this Administration from making a doormat out of our Constitution. Harry Reid has been nothing but complicit in doing so.

So, I am now a "Mike Guy". I will fight hard for his election. For those who don't like Mike, try to acquire a taste. Plan "B" to electing Mike is six more years of "Diaper Al". Our state, our nation, cannot afford that. Trust me - this time, our future really is at stake.



No comments:

Post a Comment